Home > Kazakhstan > Blog > Article
Festival Dates in Kazakhstan - 2020
This is the list of Festivals in Kazakhstan. For changes and additions, please email us.
Festivals in January
- 24th - 26th Januar 2020: Republican Berkutchi tournament with hunting birds “Zhayyk Kirany - 2020” (Қansonar) | Location: Saryomir village, Teraktin area, West Kazakhstan region
Festivals in February
Festivals in March
- 23rd - 24th March 2020: "Ashyq Aspan" aeronautical festival | Location: Shymkent city
Festivals in April
Festivals in May
- Early May 2020: Kokmaisa Festival | Location: near Ulytau, 160 km from Zhezkazgan (Ulytau district Karagandy Region) | Here you will grasp the core of the Kazakh traditions and customs that are cherished by locals.
- Early May 2020: May Holidays in Tamgalytas | Location: Tamgaly Tas, 85 km from Almaty
- 4th - 5th May 2020: Festival of theaters of the CIS, dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the Victory of the Great Patriotic War | Location: Shymkent city
- 20th - 23rd May 2020: International Classical Music Festival Forte music fest | Location: Shymkent city
- 28th - 29th May 2020: Festival of animated films of the CIS and other countries “Altyn Saka” | Location: Shymkent city
Festivals in June
- 27th June 2020: Festival of Stars of the CIS Opera "Shymkent 2020 - the Cultural Capital of the Common wealth" | Location: Shymkent city
Festivals in July
- 6th July 2020: Day of the Capital City | Location: Nur-Sultan and other cities | The main festival is held on July 6th and there is a magnificent concert that usually takes place in front of the Baiterek monument, where local and foreign celebrities will come and perform. The festival is celebrated in other cities as well, however, you can truly feel the life in the atmosphere in Nur-Sultan.
- Mid-July 2020: Uba Chants Ethnic Folk Festival | Location: Poperechnoe village, near the city of Ridder, in Eastern Kazakhstan |Ethnic folk festival called Uba Chants. Here there are different teams from the region that gather together during the festival to sing songs in Kazakh, Russian and Ukrainian, but the main point of this is to chant the legacy of the so-called old believers. About 200 years ago old believers that originated from Poland moved to Rudny Altai.
Festivals in August
- Late August 2020: Burabike Fest | Location: Shuchinsk – Burabay resort | Annual Burabike Fest is organized by Rixos Borovoe Hotel and the Bulat Utemuratov Foundation
Festivals in September
- Early September 2020: Okunkol Fishing Fest | Location: coast of Alakol lake, Almaty Region
- Mid-September 2020: Apple Festival | Location: Almaty | The name Almaty, has its origins from the word alma which stands for an apple. So it is only right that the Apple Fest is held here, during the apple harvest in September in the mountain foothills near Almaty. All are welcome to visit the apple market and try different apple varieties. Local Aport apples are surely the most known among them. The delicious Aport is famous for its taste and delicate flavor an instant favorite among both locals and guests. Every year the Apple Fest is celebrated with good music, live performances of the national orchestra and local singers.
Festivals in October
- 7th - 8th October 2020: First international pop music festival "Soul of Eurasia" | Location: Shymkent city
- 15th - 16th October 2020: Shymkent Food festival | Location: Shymkent city
Festivals in November
Festivals in December
- Mid-December 2020: Kansonar Fest (International Falconry Competition) | Burabay district, Akmola Region | One of the most memorable events is the traditional competition that takes place in Akmola Region, and dedicated to Kazakhstan’s Independence Day and to the memory of the legendary falconer Masip Batyrkhanuly. Falconers from across the country and abroad namely Russia, China, Kyrgyzstan, Hungary and Mongolia all come to participate in the competition. The competition has three qualification rounds to assess the bird and the falconer, free style flying of an eagle, hunting and catching abilities of a bird. The competition selects the most powerful and strongest birds. Here, fans and guests can watch these regal birds flying, attacking targeted animals, catching the prey and returning to their falconer.