For the chance to win the new DJI Mavic Air Drone, don't miss out on our next Indy Guide competition in collaboration with what3words.
Often the most remarkable travel photos are taken from above, where you can truly capture the breadth of an extraordinary landscape. Indy Guide is giving one lucky traveller the opportunity to start taking exceptional photographs of this kind with a top-of-the-range drone.
All you have to do is send us your photo of an amazing view or experience in Mongolia or Central Asia alongside its what3words address.
Never heard of what3words?
what3words is the simplest way to talk about location. It has divided the world into 3m x 3m squares, each with a unique 3 word address. For example, ///camouflage.saddled.wooden marks a spectacular viewpoint off the beaten track, in Khorugh, Gorno-Badakhshan.
To give travellers a smoother experience, Indy Guide uses what3words to help people easily find sights worth seeing, meeting points and accommodation. This can vary from the meeting point for a local guide, to a remote camping spot, or the site of a dinosaur fossil discovery in the desert.
The what3words app works offline, so when connectivity is limited, travellers can navigate to places reliably without the frustration of getting lost or running into expensive roaming charges.
In this way, 3 word addresses are helping travellers spend more time enjoying the beauty of Central Asia and Mongolia and less time getting lost.
To celebrate our integration of what3words, we're launching this photo competition of amazing views.
To enter the competition:
1. Snap a shot of an incredible view (optional: with the 3WordPhoto for iOS | 3WordPhoto for Android)
2. Locate the 3 word address of your shot (find out how, below)
3. Upload your favourite photo onto our entry page on the indy-guide.com/photos/new
4. Make sure you input the 3 word location in the entry field when you upload
Your photo will be posted in our Facebook page after the entry period is over. The most 'liked' photo wins the competition!
To determine a location's 3 word address (see video below)
1. Download and open the free what3words app (3WordPhoto for iOS | 3WordPhoto for Android) or visit www.map.what3words.com
2. Type in the name of the place / zoom to your chosen location
3. Switch to satellite mode
4. Tap the grid icon to view the location in greater detail, and move the pin to select the precise location
5. The 3 word address will display at the bottom of your screen
Find the 3 word address for where you are from what3words on Vimeo.
To use the free 3WordPhoto App:
1. Open the app and take a photo
2. The 3 word address of your location will appear at the bottom of the screen
3. Tap 'Refine' if you want to tweak the exact location for your photo
Download 3WordPhoto for iOS | Download 3WordPhoto for Android
This competition is open for both travellers and local providers, and will run for the duration of May 2018. For the chance to win, don't forget to submit your 3 word photo by 23.59 (CEST) on 30th May, 2018.
Facebook voting will take place between 1st and 10th June 2018 and the winner will be announced by Friday 15th June, 2018.
By entering this competition, you agree to the Terms & Conditions of this competition.