Hello, my name is Julia.
I was born in Almaty. Started to work as a translator (English-Russian) in mountain treks 23 years ago, after 3 years of 63 days trekking annually in summer season plus botanic and ornithology, horse riding and bike tours at spring and autumn I became a guide and was leading individual and group tours up to 26 people. It was a great experience, fun and the possibility to travel to the places of your own country which usually are very hard to reach like Inylcheck glacier - foot of Khan-Tengri (7 010 meters high) and Pobeda (7 439) peaks, which is still my favorite place of Kazakhstan.
Later on, I started outgoing tourism company for Kazakhstani people who wanted to travel abroad. It gave me an opportunity to learn a lot about the right way to organize a trip, listen carefully to the wishes and expectations of people regarding their holidays and meeting the requirements. I travelled myself for business reasons to participate in tourism exhibitions like the biggest one in Berlin, London, New Delhi and of course, for personal purposes, to see the world, to swim with sharks in Thailand, to surf in Shri-Lanka, for diving course in Cyprus, for the night dive in Arab Emirates, for gourmet tour in Italy ...
Visits to many countries made me more and more proud of my own country because after all, I realized how lucky I am to live in a place where you have more than 8 different climate zones in such short distance.
- 40 minutes by cable car and you can hike on the closest to the city glacier,
- take the car and drive to the direction of Charyn national park and you find 4 different canyons like Castle valley – the famous one, or another one which reminds you of Jurassic Park, you walk through it and expect pterodactyl flight, camp by the river in a wild place in the relict ash wood tree,
- 2 more hours drive and you are already in the mountain lakes that look typical Switzerland,
- you want something hotter, then you are welcome to the real desert with signing dune and multi colorful steppe mountains surrounded by Dzhungarskiy Alatu mountain range and Ili river,
- you like it hot but with less extreme, then visit hot springs,
- you wish to see the life of nomads, then go to plateau Assy fully covered with white yurts like giant mushrooms on a glade and look like the Mongolian steppe.
Land and nature called me. I so wanted to share this beauty of the nature with the guests of Kazakhstan that I left the office and started to be driver, English speaking guide and cook all in one and enjoy my nomadic life changing places every day, spending most of the day on a fresh air, walking in the forest or desert, sleeping under the stars. One celebrity said, “Find a job of your dream and you will not work even one day”.
From year to year more and more visitors were coming to Almaty region, so I could not handle it myself and asked my brother for the help, he was always traveling with his wife all over the world on his motorbike as well as in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan, he bought Land Cruiser SUV car and was happy to turn his hobby to a job as well as his wife. My son and niece helping with translation, when it’s required, with English (American) and French. So it became a small family business.
When the tour is over we take our children, parents, friends and we are off to the same places where we work but now for holidays.
We pay attention to safety as it is one of the most important thing during long drive. Our guides are having long driving experience not only on the highway but off-road as well. Cars are regularly checked. We don’t try to fit in one go all possible and impossible, we pay attention to distances to make sure you don’t spend all your day sitting in a car, but stretching your legs walking around, enjoying your morning cup of tea or coffee, taking memorable pictures, testing local food during the day and in the evening around the fire having nice conversations about everything and anything like life, love, politic, culture, difference of Kazakhstani life at Soviet and our days time …
We are very new hosts in INDY GUIDE team, so you have a chance to be the first one to leave the feedback after a trip with us for others.
1. Altyn Emel 2 or 3 days tour with overnight in tents or guest house.
2. Charyn, Kulsai lakes and Kaindy as well 2 or 3 days with a homestay in Kazakh family or yurt
3. Charyn canyons (3 different) in 2 days with an overnight stay in the tent or in the guest house of hot springs
4. Charyn canyon 1-day tour to Castle valley
5. Big Almaty lake. Option: with or without hike and participation in the hunting birds show. With the unique possibility to be on an altitude of 3 500 meters h easily in 1 day time.
6. Tanbaly petroglyphs 1-day tour. Around 2 000 paintings on cliffs which are under the protection of Unesco now.
7. Turgen valley and Plateau Assy 1 or 2 days tour with overnight in the tent or guest house. Rafting optionally.
8. 1 day Almaty city tour with a visit to Medeo skating rink and Chimbulak ski resort.
9. Multiday tour when all above-mentioned tours can be combined in one go
10. Kyrgyzstan like Fairy Tale, Tuzkol, Issy Kul, Karakol, etc.
11. Entomology, geology, ornithology ... and other types of fully autonomous expeditions
12. Tours in Mangystau region
My skills, interests, and hobbies: English speaking driver - guide, jeep tours, hiking
Trip Request for: Kazakhstan
Role: Certified/licensed Guide
Years of experience: 23