CRYSTAL RING OF BAIKAL, EXTREME - 7 days
Tour for true romantics and adventurers! 2 days alone with the Great Baikal, and 1 night on the ice, over the thick Baikal water, visiting the two shores of Baikal and the most mysterious, legendary places: Olkhon and Chivyrkuy Bay!
If you are ready for a journey that can change your life, then go! We are waiting for you!
Features of the route:
• The route has no sports category of difficulty; it is accessible to all people who have a good physical shape;
• Children accompanied by adults are allowed on the route from 14 years old; a good physical shape is necessary;
• Average air temperature on the route: -5-15С in the daytime, -15-25С at night.
• When walking on the ice of Baikal on foot, tourists independently carry personal belongings, group equipment is transported on special sleighs by tourists and instructors)
• In the hike, participants are provided with a set of group equipment: a winter tent with a stove, a first aid kit, fire equipment, and personal equipment - a sleeping bag, a rug, and dishes;
• It is necessary to have the things indicated in the Tour Guide with you.
Note: this is a group tour for group of 5-10 persons, check the availability up front.
Group meeting in Ulan-Ude (9:00 at the airport, at 10/00 at the railway station, local time, ahead of Moscow by 5 hours). Car excursion to the Ivolginsky Datsan. (30 km). Ivolginsky Datsan - a large monastic complex, the interiors of its temples adorn original works of art. Here is the residence of Pandito Hambo Lama, the head of the Buddhists of Russia; Buddhist University, where the training of nomadic huvaraks is conducted, is home of lamas. Datsan is under state protection as a monument of religious architecture. Sightseeing tour of the city center.
Departure to the village of Turka (160 km) on Lake Baikal. Accommodation in the guest house. Early hang up ..
Early rise. Check out the ice on the UAZ vehicle. Start walking on the ice of Baikal. Crossing the ice towards the village of Uzury on Olkhon Island. Around us, where the sight, snowy desert, silence, white silence and greatness of Baikal sleeping under the ice reach. Overnight on ice in a winter tent with a stove. (Approximate transition for the day 20 km).
Going to Uzury village. Today we will pass over the deepest place of Baikal! When approaching Olkhon Island, the path becomes more and more difficult: we are increasingly blocking the hummocks. Be careful: here you can often see a seal. Arrival in Uzury village in the evening. (Approximate transition for the day 20 km). Accommodation in the guest house. Sauna.
Meet the dawn on the cliff. Car tour over Olkhon Island. You will see the famous sacred rocks and cliffs of the island, look into the ice grottoes with fantastic icings and icicles! Accommodation at the guest house in the village of Khuzhir.
We go back to the Eastern shore of Baikal Lake to see fabulous pictures of winter Baikal in the Trans-Baikal National Park. Moving to Chivyrkuisky Bay on the ice of Baikal Lake on UAZ vehicle. Accommodation in the guest house.
Auto excursion on the ice of Chivyrkuy Bay with stops for photo shoots: fancy ice sculptures created by nature itself. Swimming in the open air in the hot springs of Snake Bay. If you have time for those wishing to fishing in the hole (optional, for extra. Fee). In winter, yurts for fishing enthusiasts are specially installed here. Return to the guest house. Festive dinner.
After breakfast the transfer to Ulan-Ude. If you leave Ulan-Ude the next morning, do not forget to book a hotel in advance!