KHOVSGOL LAKE ICE FESTIVAL 2019 (Event)
Khövsgöl LAKE ICE FESTIVAL 2019 BEST OF 7 DAYS TOUR
Not included in price
- Daily personal expenses
- Travel insurance (Our trusted travel insurance provider is WORLDNOMADS /worldnomads.com/
- The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
- All the prices for the tour above are subject to reconfirmation from our trip managers when an actual booking is being made. We keep the right to change the itinerary because of time-table, or any other conditions not under our control.
- Child definition: From Age 3 to 11 Years enjoying 30% discount. From Age 0 to 2 Years enjoying 10% Contact our trip manager for the actual discount for your case. 12 Years old and above will be charged as Adult Price.
- All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact our trip managers for new quotations.
Interested Tours Check out some of our adventure tour. We can’t wait to show you around!
Duration: 7 Days, 6 Nights
Accommodation: Family ger camp, Town ger hostel, Nomadic family
Number of people: 2-6 people / 6+
Transportation: Russian van or jeep
Activities: Enjoy in during the festival , Horse and Camel riding Disover Khövsgöl lake, Hiking around Uran Togoo mountain, Visit Monastary and Temple, Visit National Park
Day 1 - Fly to Moron city Khövsgöl Province
Moron is the administrative center of Khövsgöl Aimag (province) in northern Mongolia. Although a poorly developed town, Mörön has a hospital, a museum, a theatre, a post office, several schools and kindergartens, like any other provincial capitals of Mongolia. After lunch we will drive to the Khovsgol province specially Ice festival place. Stay over the night in the Guest house
Day 2,3 - Khövsgöl Lake ICE FESITVAL DAYS
Ice Festival days. The festival will start with Grand Opening Ceremony of the Ice Festival and continue with Skating Marathon, car driving skill competition on the ice, traditional game of Ice shagai (ankle bone) and horse sleds competition driven by locals etc… You will enjoy with sacrificing ceremony for the mother " Khövsgöl " lake and king Khoridol Saridag Mountain. During the festival skaters will race for 200km in 2 days. The festival will finish with closing ceremony and bon fire on second day.
Day 4 - Uran Togoo
Uran is an extinct volcano in the western side of Uran-Togoo Tulga Uul Natural Monument in Bulgan province, 80 km west of Bulgan town. Uran means “Artistic”, Mongols named it so because its ridge of the crater is one of many examples of circles that arise in nature resembled a nice creature of a craftsman.
Day 5 - Amarbayasgalant Monastery
Amarbayasgalant Monastery, whose name means “monastery of the quiet felicity”, is located near the Selenge River, at the foot of Mount Burenkhan. It’s one of the three largest monasteries of Mongolia. The Manchu emperor Enkh Amgalan Khan built the monastery in the 18th century, in memory of the first Bogd Gegeen, Zanabazar, in order to keep and preserve his mortal remains.
Day 6 – Terelj National Park
Drive to Gorkhi-Terelj National Park, that is one of the beautiful national parks of Mongolia. Terelj National Park is the third largest protected area in Mongolia. The park has a Buddhist monastery that is open to visitors. Park wildlife includes brown bears and over 250 species of birds. The Tuul River flows through the park. The park has many rock formations for rock climbers and includes two famous formations named for things they resemble.
Day 7 - Back to Ulaanbaatar
Today your trip ends in Ulaanbaatar after unforgettable days in the Mongolia