UNDISCOVERED ADJARA - KHIHANI
Khulo municipality is the eastern, most mountainous and unexplored in Ajara. Located around 100 km from Batumi.
Hikhadziri is a mountain village, which can be reached from the main road, if you go up the river Shalta, past the monastery of Shalta. There are a lot of things around the village – unbelievably beautiful nature, Vardtsikhe Fortress and the most famous is the fortress of Khihani. To get to Khikhani is not easy - you have to go quite a lot up. Fortress is located on a high ridge near the village of Upper Thilvana. When you reach the fortress, you will find breath-taking views of the local surroundings. Khikhani is one of the most beautiful fortresses in Georgia.
Start point: Batumi
Tour duration: ALL DAY TOUR (starts very early morning)
What you will see:
- Shaltis Monastery;
- Late breakfast;
- Hiking to Khihani fortress;
- Natural wonder “natural refrigerator”;
- Dinner - we invite you to taste local dishes and get acquainted with local traditions;
- Unforgettable nature sights;
- Traditions of local people, lifestyle, culture;
Breakfast and lunch for additional price 35 GEL/ per person.
Tour price for 1-6 persons.