Beautiful, wild and mysterious, Svaneti is an ancient land locked in the Caucasus, so remote that it was never tamed by any ruler. Uniquely picturesque villages and snow-covered, 4000m-plus peaks rising above flower-strewn alpine meadows provide a superb backdrop to the many walking trails. Preserved by its long isolation, the Upper Svaneti region of the Caucasus is an exceptional example of mountain scenery with medieval-type villages and tower-houses. Svaneti still has more than 200 of these very unusual houses, which were used both as dwellings and as defence posts against the invaders who plagued the region.
Start point: Batumi
Tour duration: 2 DAYs/ 1 NIGHT (starts very early morning)
What you will see:
- The Enguri Dam which represents not only a hydroelectric station, but it is one of the most beautiful and breath-taking sights of Georgia.
- Mestia is the regional capital of Svaneti. It is also the main centre of tourism for the region.
- Hike up to the Chaladi glacier.
- Enjoy the picturesque panoramic views of Tetnulti.
- Embark on a day trip to the highest settlement in Europe Ushguli - highest settlement in Europe at the elevation of 2,200-meters above the sea level. This UNESCO World Heritage site is laid out at the foot of Mount Shkhara and offers gorgeous views of snow peak mountains, medieval defense towers, and green slopes.
Accommodation is not included in price.
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.