Extend your adventure in Mongolia
Recommended Days: 9days / 8nights
Recommended Activities: Discover Gobi Desert/Visit the Camel Herder Nomads/Experience of Nomads Traditions & Culture/ Sightseeing/Nature Hiking/Camel Riding/Climb the tallest Sand Dunes in the Gobi Desert
Transport Type: by Russian Van (4WD)
Total Driving km: 1900kms
Tour Date: Depart daily
- Day 1. Welcome to Meet the Tour Team / Travel to Baga Gazryn Chuluu - Granite Rocky Hills
Today, we will start our first-day trip driving to the Granit Rocky Hills. This 1750m high basalt and granite rock formation is beautifully located in the middle of a vast steppe. The nature protection zone Rocky Hills is one of the beautiful places for trekking and hiking. This rock mountain contains the ruins of a Buddhist meditation temple that dates back to the 17th century. Overnight we will spend an open-air in a tent.
- Day 2. Explore White Cliffs
After morning breakfast, we will travel to White Cliffs, which we are entering into South Gobi, one of the wonderful Gobi scenery with an ancient, magnificent, colorful cliffs. Overnight will stay with a local family in Ger.
- Day 3,4. Travel to Gobi Gurvan Saikhan National Park / Hiking through the Yol Vulture Valley
After relaxing breakfast, we start driving to the majestic Gobi Gurvan Saikhan National Park, Vulture Valley where we will enjoy the incredible scenery one of the most beautiful regions in the Gobi area. Next morning, we will explore and hike through the eastern valley of the National park about 7.6kms. During the winter, the stream freezes several km into the gorge. Some areas of the valley are continually sheltered from the hot sun. The large ice field that gradually melts away during the summer months. Overnights a tent in the valley and the second night will stay with a local family in Ger.
- Day 5. Explore the Khongor Sand Dunes
- Today, we will drive to the marvelous Sand dunes, some of the biggest and most spectacular sand dunes in Mongolia that stretches for an extraordinary 180km as wide as 20km and about 300m high. Enjoy the Mongolian night sky-stargazing in the Gobi desert. Overnight will stay with a camel herder family in Ger.
- Day 6. Camel Riding / Climb & Enjoy Gobi Sand Dunes
After a relaxing morning, you will have camel riding along the Sand Dunes. The Camel ride will take us through amazing desert scenery with a stony and sandy landscape and then in the evening climbing to the top of the dunes during the sunset gives you an amazing panoramic view of the surrounding desert. Overnight will stay with the same camel herder family another night in Ger.
- Day 7. Explore Bayanzag - Flaming Red Cliffs
After breakfast, we will drive to Bayanzag, commonly known as ’’Flaming Red Cliffs’’ was named by Roy Andrew Chapman, an American explorer who visited Mongolia in 1922s, and also is famous for the discovery of dinosaur fossils eggs. Nearby is an unusual Gobi Shrubs tree forest, which we can explore at our leisure. We will enjoy sunrise and sunset on the wide-open steppe. Overnight will stay at a local Ger camp.
- Day 8. The Road to Secret Mountain Area
After early morning breakfast, we will start our journey directly to the great mountain area, which it locates in the central part of Mongolia. Arriving at the place, walking and exploring the area. This place very unique and it was formed by a unique combination of granite eruptions. Surround by high mountain peaks with green grassland. Overnight we will spend an open-air in a tent.
- Day 9. Drive back to Ulaanbaatar city
After breakfast and morning sight at the place, we will drive back to Ulaanbaatar city and on the way enjoy our lunch, ending our memorable journey with us.
THIS TOUR PRICE GUARANTEED 9 DAYS FOR 3 PAYING MEMBERS
The tour price includes the following services
- Accommodation during the trip
- Private Driver + 4WD Vehicle + All Petrol
- English speaking Tour Guide
- Our own cooking meals for daily Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Mongolian Barbeque Grilled & Steamed with Super Hot Stones
- Catering for Vegetarian Food (on your request)
- Water during the safari
- Tea & Coffee always available
- All entrance fees & Sightseeing as listed in the itinerary
- National Park fees
- Camel Riding with Local Guide
- Camping equipment
- Portable Camping Shower
The tour price exclusive the following services
- International Airfare & Train ticket
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar city
- Tips & Gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activities & additional cost
- Soft drink, Alcohol & Sweet bars (available to purchase)
- Toiletry (toilet paper, wet tissue)
- Travel & Medical Insurance
- Vaccination charges
- Goes to FURTHER INTO THE GOBI DESERT
- Goes to NORTHERN PART
- Goes to WESTERN PART
- Goes to EASTERN PART
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.