Day1 – Tbilisi-Zugdidi - Enguri Dam-Mestia
Driving 8 hours, HB: Bed, Breakfast & Dinner
- In the morning we travel to Svaneti. On the way, we stop in Zugdidi and visit Dadiani palace which was a place of local lord governing the significant part of Western Georgia.
- Afterward, we depart for Enguri dam which is one of the highest arch dams in the world(a height of 271.5 meters). Then we drive to the region of Upper Svaneti which is an outstanding example of an exceptional mountain landscape composed of highly preserved villages with unique defensive tower houses, examples of ecclesiastical architecture and arts of medieval origin. We drive to Mazeri village and overnight there.
- Overnight at guesthouse in Mestia (Private double/twin rooms with private bathrooms)
Day 2: Mestia – Zhabeshi
Moderate, Walking distance 16 km, 7 hours. FB: Full Board (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
Starting elevation 1419 m, maximum elevation 1920m, 763m up & 523m Down
- In the morning, we will start the actual trekking. We will hike to the Mulakhi community of Zhabeshi village. The route is easy, follows an off-road car and well-marked trail.
- Overnight at a guesthouse in Zhabeshi with shared facilities.
Day 3: Zhabeshi – Adishi
Moderate, Walking distance 10 km, 6 Hours FB: Full Board (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
Starting elevation 1622 m, maximum elevation 2498m, 900m Up & 427m Down
- After breakfast, we start our journey into the wilderness. We hike up to the slopes of Tetnuldi mountain, pass ski resort and descend into the forests of birch trees and rhododendron bushes. After passing the mountainous small river, the alpine meadows will be in front of us. Here is located in Adishi village which consists of stone towers and houses built several centuries ago. Its beautiful location, just below Tetnuldi mountain, on the right bank of the roaring mountainous river and between the high mountains with local architecture makes this village so special and picturesque.
- Overnight at local guesthouse with shared facilities.
Day 4: Adishi – Iprali
Hard, Walking Distance 17km, 7 Hours FB: Full Board (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
Starting elevation 1822 m, maximum elevation 2768m, 1242m Up & 1397m Down
- In the early morning, we will start our Svaneti Adventure. Here we follow upstream to the river. After one hour of pleasant walking across the river, we need to cross the roaring Adishi river. For our safety, we will get on horseback and cross the river. Afterward, we will climb up to the Chkhunderi pass (2655m). From here you can enjoy majestic panorama views of the picturesque Adishi Glacier. After having lunch on the top of the ridge and enjoying with views, we will descend into the Valley of Khaldechala River. After two hours of easy walk, we reach Khalde village which was destroyed in the 19th century by the Russian soldiers. From here our pass will follow an off-road to Iprali village.
- Overnight at the local guesthouse on Iprali.
Day 5– Iprali –Ushguli
Walking Distance 12 km, Hours 5, FB: Full Board (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
Starting elevation 1781 m, maximum elevation 2168m, 448m Up & 246m Down
- In the morning, we continue our hiking. First we follow a road for 2 km, then take a path upwards and hike in the forest and alpine meadow to Ushguli. Ushguli which is located at the foot of mount Shkara and at the confluence of the rivers Enguri and Kvishiri. The highest permanent settlement in Europe (2200 m) with the outstanding mixture of the mountainous landscape and the medieval-type towers and churches will astonish visitors. Here you will visit the Ushguli Ethnographic museum located in the 12th-century old Svanetian tower-house. We also visit a medieval Lamaria church ( of the assumption of the Mother of God).
- Overnight at guesthouse in Ushguli.
Day 6 – Ushguli –Chalaadi Glacier- Tbilisi
Walking Distance 5km, Hours 2, Driving 9 hours, BB
- After breakfast, we will depart to Tbilisi. On our way, we will visit Chalaadi glacier. We will follow upstream of Mestiachala river and after 1,5 km, we reach our finish, a place where the river is born. Afterward, we travel to Tbilisi.