- Authentic cultural experience in real nomadic family
- Giant Genghis Statue Complex
- 1 hr horseback riding
- Learn to make dairy products & herd livestock
- Hike through protected Gun Galuut NR
On this fantastic 2-day tour, you will spend a day living, sleeping and eating like a real nomad in the wilderness with your host nomadic family. You will also have a chance to enjoy couple hours long hikes along the beautiful Kherlen river bank and Baits mountain while viewing many wildlife, including the endangered Argali mountain sheep and White Naped crane.
Gun Galuut Nature reserve is located 2-hr ride away from UB, and is a safe haven to many endangered mammal and bird species due to its protected status and unique combinations of river, lakes, mountains, steppe & marshes in a relatively small area.
DAY 1. Ulaanbaatar – Gun Galuut Nature Reserve (L+D)
Meet your tour guide & driver at 8.00 am at the hotel lobby and drive to Gun Galuut Nature Reserve. On the way, we will stop at Giant Chinggis Statue complex which is the tallest equestrian statue in the world and one of the must-see things in Mongolia. Upon arrival, we visit a nomadic family and learn their ways to tend their livestock. Experience everyday life of nomads; rise early to milk the cows, herd sheep on horseback while admiring beauty of nature, and learn how to call different ages of sheep and goats. Enjoy 1 hour horse riding around the Nature Reserve. For dinner, you will help the host make dumpling and enjoy your first homemade Mongolian meal.
DAY 2. Gun Galuut Nature Reserve – Ulaanbaatar (B+L)
Today, we drive (with some hiking included) to Mt. Baits to view the gorgeous Argali mountain sheep, and other wildlife. In the late afternoon, we will drive back to Ulaanbaatar and transfer to the hotel.
Tour price: 550 USD for solo traveler
Tour price: 330 USD per person for private tour of 2-3 pax
Tour price: 230 USD per person for private tour of 4+ pax
- Full-time services of your English speaking local guide throughout the tour
- Sightseeing and entrance fees according to the itinerary
- Ticket to the Giant Chinggis Monument
- Private transfers (4WD Minivan/saloon car + Experienced drivers)
- Share ger at Nomadic Family
- Meals as listed (B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner)
- 1 hour horse riding fee at Gun Galuut
- 0.5 l x 3 bottled water per day
- International Airfare/train tickets + Tax
- Travel insurance & Visa fees
- Airport transfers
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, drinks, camera or video fees at any sites etc.
- Tips for your guide and driver (discretionary).
- Optional activities (camel/horse riding and any other activities)
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.