- Bayan Gobi - 80 km long sand dunes
- Stay in traditional Mongolian yurt under starry sky
- Visit and interact with real nomads
- Ride two-humped Bactrian camels on the sand dunes
- Visit to Khustai NP & Przewalski horses (Takhi)
No trip to Mongolia is complete without seeing the Gobi desert! On this tour, you will visit the unique nature formation Bayan Gobi sand dunes, an 80 km long sand dunes located within a rolling green steppe in Central Mongolia, and Hustai National Park to see the only remaining wild horses in the world- the Takhi aka Przewalski horse, in their natural habitat.
DAY 1. Ulaanbaatar – Bayan Gobi (L+D)
Meet your tour guide & driver at 9.00 am at the hotel lobby drive to Bayan gobi (aka Elsen Tasarkhai) and Khugnu Khan nature reserve where the gorgeous rocky mountain and a mini version of sand dunes are. Upon arrival, we will visit a camel breeder family which is a great way to learn more about nomadic lifestyle and people of Mongolia. Enjoy 1-hour camel riding by the sand dune areas. Subsequently, we visit the Erdene Khamba Buddhist surviving temple from the Great Repression in the 1930s in Hogno Khaan Nature Reserve Park. Overnight at the nomadic family.
DAY 2. Bayan Gobi – Ulaanbaatar via Hustai NP (B+L)
After breakfast, we will drive to Hustai National Park which is one of the most popular national parks of Mongolia through the rolling steppes. Upon arrival, we head into the national park to spot the wild horse known as Takhi, birds and other wildlife. Then we will drive to Ulaanbaatar and transfer to the hotel. Tour ends.
Tour price: 660 USD for solo traveler
Tour price: 390 USD per person for private tour of 2-3 pax
Tour price: 260 USD per person for private tour of 4+ pax
- Full-time services of your English speaking local guide throughout the tour
- Sightseeing and entrance fees according to the itinerary
- Transfers (4WD Minivan/saloon car + Experienced driver)
- Share ger at Nomadic Family
- Meals as listed (B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner)
- 1-hour camel riding fee at Bayan Gobi
- 0.5 l x 3 bottled water per day
- International Airfare/train tickets + Tax
- Travel insurance & Visa fees
- Airport transfers
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, drinks, camera or video fees at any sites etc.
- Tips for your guide and driver (discretionary).
- Optional activities (camel/horse riding and any other activities)
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.