- Gobi Desert experience
- Bayan Gobi /Elsen Tasarkhai - 80 km long sand dunes
- Stay in traditional Mongolian ger under the starry sky
- Two-humped Bactrian camel riding experience on the dunes
- UNESCO’s world heritage site Orkhon Valley
- Visit Khustai NP & Przewalski horses (Takhi)
This fantastic trip will take you to the historic sites from the Great Mongolian Empire (13-15th century AD) in the heart of the world. It will be our pleasure to introduce these sites to you from their historical and cultural perspective and share our glorious histories with you. You will visit the first centre of Tibetan Buddhism in Mongolia - the Erdene Zuu monastery and the ruins of the capital city from the ancient empire and will also enjoy the beautiful marble monuments from the Turkic state 5-7 Century AD and its stories. On the way back to Ulaanbaatar we will stop at beautiful Hustai National Park to see the only living wild horse in the world- the Takhi aka Przewalski horse.
DAY BY DAY DETAILED ITINERARY
DAY 1. BAYAN GOBI SAND DUNES (L+D)
In the early morning, we will drive to Elsen Tasarkhai (Bayan gobi) and Khugnu Khan nature reserve where the gorgeous rocky mountain and a mini version of sand dunes are. Upon arrival, we will visit a camel breeder family which is a great way to learn more about the nomadic lifestyle and people of Mongolia. Subsequently, visit the Erdene Khamba Khiid Buddhist surviving temple from the Great Repression in the 1930s in Hogno Khaan Nature Reserve Park –a good place for trekking/hiking and gives you a great view of surroundings. Overnight at the nomadic family.
DAY 2. KARAKORUM (B+L+D)
Breakfast and we drive to ancient capital Karakorum. We visit legendary monastery Erdene Zuu, the first Buddhist monastery in Central Mongolia founded in 1586, and its surroundings. In the afternoon, we will visit the Museum of Karakorum which gives a good introduction to Central Mongolia, its’ history and the UNESCO world heritage site Orkhon river valley.
DAY 3. KHUSTAI NATIONAL PARK (B+L+D)
After breakfast, we will drive to Hustai National park- where the Takhi wild horses graze peacefully with other wild animals. Arrive there by before afternoon. We will watch a short documentary about the national park, and then we head into the national park to spot the wild horse known as Takhi, birds and other wildlife. Overnight at the ger camp.
DAY 4. ULAANBAATAR CITY (B)
This morning we drive back to Ulaanbaatar for 1.5 hours and transfer to your accommodation. End of service.
1440 USD for solo traveler
840 USD per person for private tour of 2-3 pax
560 USD per person for private tour of 4+ pax
Single supplement charge: 75 USD
- Full-time services of your English speaking local guide throughout the tour
- Sightseeing and entrance fees according to the itinerary
- Transfers (4WD Minivan/saloon car + Experienced driver)
- Share ger at Nomadic Family
- Twin/triple share at ger camps (standard gers with shared public Western style bathroom)
- Meals as listed (B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner)
- 0.5 l x 3 bottled water per day
- International Airfare/train tickets + Tax
- Travel insurance & Visa fees
- Airport transfers
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, drinks, camera or video fees at any sites etc.
- Tips for your guide and driver (discretionary).
- Optional activities (camel/horse riding and any other activities)
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.