This 12-day adventure is a true joy for those who want to explore the multiple landscapes and life in the Turkmen Karakum Desert.
Not like any other tour, it includes a comprehensive visit of Ashgabat and its post-independence architecture; the historical importance of life in the ancient Murgab and Uzboy River oases, and offers an insight into the old nomadic lifestyle of the Turkmens. It includes an overnight at Darwaza as well as in the Yangikala Canyons.
Accommodation in towns is in 3* hotels, as well as 6 nights in a tent.
Meals are only included on the off-road desert sections of the tour, in order to give maximum freedom to individual preferences when overnights are in town.
Transport is mainly by 4-wheel drive vehicles, with minibus transport only in Ashgabat and Mary.
Two domestic flights are included where large distances need to be covered. If you are willing to sacrifice the comfort of a bed, and are keen to experience an authentic desert adventure, this tour is our recommendation for you.
- Visa support (Letter of Invitation, State Registration, Travel Pass)
- All transfers and all other overland transport as per program per AC vehicles as in the table under “itinerary”
- Domestic airline tickets (economy seats, Boeing 717 aircraft) as in the table under “itinerary”
- Accommodation based on twin-shared hotel room, including breakfast as in the table under “accommodation”
- Accommodation in private trekking tents, including breakfast as in the table under “accommodation”
- Fixed meals (lunch and/or dinner) where indicated in table under “meals”
- English-speaking local guide-interpreter services as mentioned in the table under “guide”
- Entrance fees to sites mentioned in the table under “program”
- Bottled drinking water en route 1,5l pppd
To be paid in addition:
- No additional obligatory costs to be paid to agency
Not included in tour price:
- Turkmenistan tourist visa, from 105+2 USD per person, when obtained at Ashgabat Airport (subject to change)
- Turkmenistan migration tax 10+2 USD per person, to be paid at Ashgabat Airport (subject to change)
- Meals not indicated in above table
- Camera usage fees to historical parks and museums
- Tips for local guides and drivers
- Souvenirs and other personal items
- All other charges and services not mentioned under “Included”
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.