This 7-days tour is built around the celebration of the National Day of the Turkmen Race Horse, the famous thoroughbred Ahalteke horse breed that originates in Turkmenistan’s Ahal Region and was historically bred by the Turkmen Teke tribe.
The tour includes a comprehensive visit of Ashgabat and its post-independence architecture; all three UNESCO historical parks, but also introduces you to the lifestyle of the Turkmen people. Last but not least, it includes an overnight trip to Darwaza in the vast Karakum Desert.
Accommodation during this tour is in a good Ashgabat 3* hotel, plus one night in a tent during the desert trip (this can be changed into an after-dark return trip with overnight in Ashgabat at a supplement cost, as indicated below).
Meals are only included on 2 occasions, in order to give maximum freedom to individual preferences.
Transport is by comfortable minibus and 4-wheel drive, and by domestic flight where large distances need to be covered.
Two extensions can easily be added to this tour for an even more complete experience of Turkmenistan.
- Visa support (Letter of Invitation, State Registration, Travel Pass)
- All transfers and all other overland transport as per program per AC vehicles as in the table under “itinerary”
- Domestic airline tickets (economy seats, Boeing 717 aircraft) as in the table under “itinerary”
- Accommodation based on twin-shared hotel room, including breakfast as in the table under “accommodation”
- Fixed meals (lunch and/or dinner) where indicated in table under “meals”
- English-speaking local guide-interpreter services as mentioned in the table under “guide”
- Entrance fees to sites mentioned in the table under “program”
- Bottled drinking water en route 1,5l per person per day
To be paid in addition:
- No additional obligatory costs to be paid to agency
- Supplement option overnight in Ashgabat hotel instead of Darwaza camp), including transfers and extra flight Ashgabat-Dashoguz (optional)
- - 1 pax: 310 USD per person
- - 2 pax: 195 USD per person
- - 3 pax: 185 USD per person
- - 4 pax: 165 USD per person
- Single supplement: 20 USD per person
- Supplement for hotel category upgrades
- Upgrade to 4* hotel 20 USD per person per night in shared double/twin room (optional)
- Upgrade to 4* hotel 35 USD per person per night in single room (optional)
- Upgrade to 5* hotel 40 USD per person per night in shared double/twin room (optional
- Upgrade to 5* hotel 75 USD per person per night in single room (optional)
- Supplement German/French/Spanish/Italian/Japanese-speaking local guide services 120 USD per day total (optional; applies to main tour; depending on availability)
- Supplement English or German/French/Spanish/Italian/Japanese-speaking local guide services 120 USD per day (optional; applies to extensions; depending on availability)
Not included in tour price:
- Turkmenistan tourist visa, from 85+2 USD per person, when obtained at Ashgabat Airport (subject to change)
- Turkmenistan migration tax 10+2 USD per person, to be paid at Ashgabat Airport (subject to change)
- Meals not indicated in above table
- Camera usage fees to historical parks and museums
- Tips for local guides and drivers
- Souvenirs and other personal items
- All other charges and services not mentioned under “Included”