This 5-days tour is meant for those people that are looking for a short and extremely varied trip during the Christmas holidays.
The tour includes a comprehensive visit of Ashgabat and its post-independence architecture; a trip to Merw, the most famous of Turkmenistan’s UNESCO historical parks, a visit to the Weekend Bazaar, to private stables of the renowned Ahalteke horses, and last but not least a trip to the famous gas crater at Darwaza in the vast Karakum Desert.
Accommodation during this tour is in a good Ashgabat 3* hotel.
Meals are only included on 2 special occasions, and give maximum freedom to individual preferences for the remaining meals.
Transport is by comfortable minibus and 4-wheel drive, and by domestic flight where large distances need to be covered.
Three extensions can easily be added to this tour for an even more complete experience of Turkmenistan.
- Visa support (Letter of Invitation, State Registration, Travel Pass)
- All transfers and all other overland transport as per program per AC vehicles as in the table under “itinerary”
- Domestic airline tickets (economy seats, Boeing 717 aircraft) as in the table under “itinerary”
- Accommodation based on twin-shared hotel room, including breakfast as in the table under “accommodation”
- Fixed meals (lunch and/or dinner) where indicated in table under “meals”
- English-speaking local guide-interpreter services as mentioned in the table under “guide”
- Entrance fees to sites mentioned in the table under “program”
- Bottled drinking water en route 1,5l pppd
To be paid in addition:
- No additional obligatory costs to be paid to agency
- Supplement for hotel category upgrades
- Upgrade to 4* hotel 20 USD per person per night in shared double/twin room (optional)
- Upgrade to 4* hotel 35 USD per person per night in single room (optional)
- Upgrade to 5* hotel 40 USD per person per night in shared double/twin room (optional
- Upgrade to 5* hotel 75 USD per person per night in single room (optional)
- Supplement German/French/Spanish/Italian/Japanese-speaking local guide services 120 USD per day total (optional; applies to main tour; depending on availability)
- Supplement English or German/French/Spanish/Italian/Japanese-speaking local guide services 120 USD per day (optional; applies to extensions; depending on availability)
Not included in tour price:
- Turkmenistan tourist visa, from 85+2 USD per person, when obtained at Ashgabat Airport (subject to change)
- Turkmenistan migration tax 10+2 USD per person, to be paid at Ashgabat Airport (subject to change)
- Meals not indicated in above table
- Camera usage fees to historical parks and museums
- Tips for local guides and drivers
- Souvenirs and other personal items
- All other charges and services not mentioned under “Included”