Baikonur Cosmodrome - the first spaceport in the world
3 days (8-10 April 2020)
According to the launch schedule (manned), year-round (unmanned or b/w the launches)
Tour duration :
Air flight or train + bus (1400 Km)
Almaty – Qyzylorda – Baikonur town- territory of the space port (Baikonur Cosmodrome)– Baikonur town – the town of Qyzylorda- Almaty
Flight/train + guided tour program
Arrival to Qyzylora– Trasfer from Qyzylorda to Baikonur town
Airflight Airastana Almaty-Qyzylorda 13:55-14:40
1. 15:00 Pick – up at the airport transfer to Baikonur town with the shuttle bus.
2. 18:30 Arrival to Baikonur
3. 19:00 Check- in in the hotel
4. 20:00 Dinner at the local cafe (“Zvezdnoe nebo” preliminary)
5. 21:30 Free time/ night at the hotel
Qyzylorda – Baikonur town
Personal transfer from Qyzylorda to Baikonur (240 км.) 3 hours in the road
Baikonur town – “Baikonur Cosmodrome” (40 km)
1. Breakfast 07:00
2. Transfer to the museum 08:15
3. Historical Museum of Baikonur (Baikonur town)
4. Free time 10:00-11:30
5. Transfer to the launch pad.17 11:30
6. Observing the spaceship crew leaving the «Cosmonaut» hotel 12:00
7. Walk at the ‘Alley of Cosmonauts’
8. Museum of the Baikonur Cosmodrome; Memorial houses of S.P. Korolev and Yu.A. Gagarin (When you visit the houses of Korolev and Gagarin, you will see the simple conditions where people used to live and work at the beginning of the space era). Orbital ship “Buran” ("Buran" is an orbital rocket-launch vehicle of the Soviet reusable transport space system (MTKS), created as part of the Energy-Buran program 13:00
9. The report of the astronaut crew
10. Visit the room for the press conference of the astronauts
1. Transfer to the launch pad 15:30
2. Lunch boxes (Lunch)
1. Visit of the command post of the launch vehicle "Energia"( "Energia" is a Soviet super-heavy carrier rocket developed by NPO Energia. The most powerful of the Soviet launch vehicles and one of the most powerful in the world, along with Saturn 5, N-1, Space Shuttle and Falcon Heavy MTKS.) (if we have time; not obligatory part of the program)
2. Observation of the launch of the Soyuz MS-15 launch vehicle 18:00
3. Transfer to the city or to the hotel 19:00
4. Dinner at Baikonur town (one of the cafes either in the town or at the hotel at the spaceport).
5. Free time
Baikonur town -Kzylorda – Almaty
Transfer from Baikonur town to Kzylorda (240 km) 3 hours one way
Air flight – Kzylorda – Almaty (1124km)
1. 7:00 Breakfast
2. 8:30 Bus city-tour
3. 10:00 Check-out in the hotel
4. 10:15 departure from Baikonur town
5. 14:00 arrival to the airport of Kzylorda
6. 15:40 Departure from Kzylorda to Almaty
7. 18:10 Arrival to Almaty
Baikonur is the first and the largest spaceport in the world, the first manned space flight took place in history from this spaceport. The first Earth satellite was launched from here, and Yuri Gagarin first made a circle around our planet. The history of space exploration began here, and today Baikonur occupies one of the leading positions in the world in launching of the spacecraft.
Only 25 years ago it was a closed military town, and today it is a great opportunity for all dreamers and science fiction lovers to get acquainted with the history of astronautics, to see models of real rockets, spaceships and talk to people that had an experience of being in the space.
For those who want to visit the Cosmodrome:
Today, a special regime operates in the city: entry is allowed with special permission and permission from Roscosmos. You can obtain an admission and permission by purchasing a tour through a travel company accredited by Rosсosmos.
It’s better to start paperwork to receive permission to visit spaceport a month before the launch of the rocket for CIS citizens, while for foreign citizens, documents must be submitted 45 calendar days before the start. During this time, travel agency will receive permission for you to visit objects. (in certain cases we can speed up the procedure);
The tour to the spaceport consists of two parts:
• an excursion in the city of Baikonur and the Museum of the History of Cosmonautics,
• a trip to the spaceport itself, where you will see the launch pads and hangars, as well as the museum of Cosmonautics with the real Buran space shuttle where you can board the helm, also you will see the launch a real space ship if you purchased a ticket for a manned launch. The program is accompanied by a guide who will take care of your trip and make sure that it is comfortable and informative.
Price is given per person for the group 10 persons.
- Ticket to the Cosmodrome
- English speaking interpreter
- guides during the whole tour;
- permission to the spaceport fcilities;
- transport with the professional driver
- Transfer from Kzylorda to Baikonur
- Accommodation and meals as per itinerary
- VAT (12%)
Price does not include
• Photo and video charges
• Personal expense
• Services not included into the above itinerary
• International air tickets
- Airtickets and train tickets (domestic and international)
• Visa support
• Early check –in
Documents and procedures:
For application, you need to provide the following information:
1) Provide a copy of the passport to the company, indicate the place of residence, citizenship, place of work, position, indicate the email address for communication.
2) For students of higher educational institutions who are entitled to a discount, also provide a certificate from the university.
Discounts (the Cosmodrome objects):
Discounts are provided to the following categories of citizens (manned and unmanned launches) :
1. Preschool children (up to 6 years old (inclusive)), accompanied by the parent / s or legal representative, are provided free of charge.
2. Citizens of the CIS: Children of school age (up to 18 years of age (inclusive)) accompanied by the parent / s or legal representative 50% (services of Baikonur cosmodrome ( the logistical part has to be paid in full)
3. Students of the Russian Federation and the CIS countries full-time studies of I higher education up to 23 years (inclusive) at the time of the end of the program of visiting 50% ( the logistical part has to be paid in full)
4. The current employees of subsidiaries of Roscosmos State Corporation (staying in the Baikonur complex outside their official duties) and their close relatives (spouse, parents, adoptive parents, natural children, adopted children) 50% ( the logistical part has to be paid in full)
5. Residents of the city of Baikonur, the villages of Tyura-Tam and Akai 50% ( the logistical part has to be paid in full)
6. Citizens of other countries (Except for CIS): School children (up to 18 years old (inclusive)) accompanied by parent / s or legal representative 50% ( the logistical part has to be paid in full)
7. In addition, discounts are provided to residents of the Baikonur town, the villages of Tyura-Tam and Akai (when the documents confirming the place of registration are presented), as well as members of their families, relatives and employees of FSUE TsENKI, organizations and enterprises of Roscosmos State Corporation arriving at complex "Baikonur" for official purposes;
WHY YOU SHOULD VISIT BAIKONUR:
See the rocket launch
Get inside the spaceship
Talk with astronauts
Feel the roar of the spaceport
Visit the ‘alley’ of astronauts
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.