We offer you the most challenging city tour.
- Meet at your hotel/ accommodations in the morning.
- Visit Gandan Buddhist Monastery. The monastery was established in 1838 and is the most active and one of the largest monasteries in Mongolia. See morning chanting, beautiful temples and the huge 27 meters high gold plated Buddha “Megjid Janraisig”.
- Visit Genghis Square (Sukhbaatar Square), the city’s central square, in front of the Mongolian Parliament building. The square is surrounded by the most important government, business and cultural office buildings. This is the center of Ulaanbaatar and here you will learn some basic information about Mongolia and Ulaanbaatar.
- Visit the National Museum of Mongolian History. The museum was established in 1924 and its collection contains over 50000 historical, archeological and ethnological artifacts from prehistoric times to the present. A representative selection of exhibits is displayed in 10 halls, arranged according to historic periods and topics.
- Have lunch in fine Mongolian restaurant. (Lunch)
- Visit the Bogd Khaan Palace Museum, last Mongolian king’s winter palace. The palace was built between 1893-1903 and King Bogd lived in this palace with his queen for more than 20 years. Bogd Khaan’s Winter Palace Museum contains a rich collection of the king & queen’s unusual clothes, items they used in everyday life, gifts received from foreign dignitaries, the Buddhist leader’s valuable articles used as leader of Mongolian Buddhists, some of his childhood toys, a ger lined with the skins of 150 snow leopards and many more unforgettably interesting exhibits.
- Visit Zaisan Hill War Memorial and Buddha Park. The huge monument on the top of the hill was created as a memorial to the soldiers who died in World War II. Zaisan Hill overlooks the city and offers the best panoramic view of Ulaanbaatar and its surrounding sacred mountains. Buddha Park features a 23 meter tall statue of Buddha built in 2005.
- Enjoy shopping at a cashmere factory outlet store, a souvenir shop or anything else you might want to do.
- Drive back to your hotel/ accommodations in the evening.
Included in the price:
- Guiding/ interpreting service
- Lunch at restaurant
- A bottle of water, daily
- Entrance fees for museum
Excluded in the price:
- Alcoholic drinks
- Video and photographing fees
- Extra and optional activities’ cost
- Tips for guide
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.