Various Daytrips from Shymkent with experienced Guide
1. Shymkent to river Arys
Distance 55 km (Travel time 1:00)
• Visit to the medieval Sufi monastery Ishan-Bazar (19th century) on the banks of Arys River
• See the picturesque glade of the ArysRiverI
• Inspect the confluence of Arys and Boroldai rivers
2. Shymkent to Cave Karaungur- Lake Balykshi
Distance of 70 km (Travel time 1:00)
• Visit Neolithic caves Karaungur, ancient communities of hunters and gatherers, inhabited 12,000 years ago
• See of the waterfall at the foot of the mainsail
• Picnic on the lakeside Balykshi
3. Shymkent to Canyon Ak-Su river
Distance 60 km (travel time 1:00)
• Visit the deepest Canyon Ak-Su River of Central Asia and Kazakhstan
• Inspect Devil's Throat cave and find the narrowest point of the canyon : length 75 sm.
• Observation and meditation on the bank of the canyon
4. Shymkent to Mavsoleum Shashty Tukty Aziz Bab Baba-Ata
Distance 240 km (travel time: 3 hours)
• Driving to shrines ShashtyTukty Aziz Bab (the patron saint of warriors and healers)
• Visit the holy lakes, full of huge fish
• A trip to the village of Baba-Ata to inspect the unusual layout of the medieval schools of the 19th century
• Visit to the mausoleum of Baba Iskhak (ancestor of Khoja Ahmad Yassavi)
• Visit the ruins of a medieval mazar 17th century feudal castle and the 8th century.
5. Shymkent to Gorge Kyzyl-Ata in Karatau
Distance of 200 km (3 hours)
• Visit the unique medieval stone castles and ancient cemetery Kyrkyz 15-17 centuries on the tops of the Karatau Mountains
• Visit the petroglyphs at the fortress walls
6. Shymkent to Sauran city
Distance 200 km (2.5 hours)
• Tour the ruins of the unique medieval town Sauran; preserved ancient layout and topography.
• Do a study of the old walls, towers, battlements, and the ruins of the madrasыa mint
• Examine the entrance to the underground gallery of the city water supply
• Stroll on the oldest bridge of Kazakhstan's Wall Street
• Leave through the picturesque Gorge of Karatau Mountains
• Review the ancient petroglyphs gallery of 5,000 years at the foot of the stunning peaks of the mountains Kelinshektau (Bride Stone)
7. Shymkent to Gorge Boroldai (120$)
Distance 70 km (1.5 hour)
• Survey rock petroglyphs at Mountain Tour
• Hike to the rocky canyon Uzun-Bulak to inspect the grotto of ancient hunters, Walk on boulders, along the gorge flooded clean mountain spring water
• Halt and swim in the deep creek under the jets of a mountain waterfall
8. Shymkent to Shayan-Ak-Metchet Cave (120$)
Distance 110 km (1.5 hours)
• Visiting the village Shayan to inspect madrassa-Islamic College (XIXc.), the dome of the mosque (XIXc.), the educational Center (XIXc.), and the сemetery (XIX c)
• Visit the foothills of Karatau to review the place of power, the most enormous cave Holy White Mosque in Kazakhstan with an underground garden.
• Inspection of the entrance to the dungeon snake Aydahar-ata in a dry ravine
• Swimin the Ulken-Bugun river
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.