Duration: 2 days, 1 night
Group Size: 2
Overland Tour: Distance 240 km
Activities: Horse riding, hiking, visiting temple and Chinggis Khaan Statue
If you want to visit Mongolia but you only have a short amount of time, this is a great tour to take. Terelj National Park a great place to visit if you are only here briefly. After only a short ride from Ulaanbaatar, you are out enjoying our natural scenery – the open fields, the gorgeous mountains, and many others.
On this tour we’ll take you for a ride on a horse, you’ll meet a nomadic family, and you’ll visit the tallest statue in the world. We pack a lot into this short trip so that you experience our lifestyle and that you want to come back again.
Day 1. Manzushir Monastery and Giant Chinggis Khaan Statue
Our first stop is Zaisan Hill. After we will drive to Manzushir Monastery which is located in Tuv aimag. The Monastery has a beautiful valley of streams, pine birches, cedar trees, and ted with granite, boulders. Enjoy a hiking to Granite Rock Mountain and the forest. There is an opportunity for a horse ride trail through the steppe. Visit the tallest horseman statue in the world, dedicated to Mongolian legendary emperor – Chinggis or Genghis Khan, and see as far-sighted Chinggis Khaan holds a golden whip in his right hand. After we’ll drive to Terelj National Park. Free hiking on the mountain. Stay overnight in a family’s Ger.
Day 2. Terelj National Park
There is an opportunity for a horse ride trail through the steppe. You’ll explore the extraordinary formation of rocks and stones; some of them look quite similar to turtles and visit one of a small Buddhist temple in Terelj national park. Drive back to Ulaanbaatar. Visit cashmere shopping.
Discounts: 30% off for children under 2-6 years old
• Transfers upon arrival and departure
• English speaking guide at all times.
• In the countryside, all lodging will be in ger camps and nomadic family’s Ger.
• All meals are provided as stated in the itinerary.
• Ground transportation: in the countryside by driven 4WD van, bus in the city area.
• Park entrance fees
• Horse and Camel ride
• Sightseeing as per itinerary
• 1.5 litre of drinking water per day per person
• Accommodation in a hotel or hostel in Ulaanbaatar
• Hotel extras, such as telephone calls, bar bills, and laundry services
• Travel insurance, medical insurance
• Visa application fees
• Alcoholic beverages
• Personal expenses such as IDD call, the internet, laundry, items of a personal nature
• Gratuity to local guides and drivers
• Airfare or train ticket
• Airport taxes, excess baggage charges (over 44pound / 20kilo)
• Changes of arrival/departure flights
• Additional services
• Any charges of major force beyond our control (e.g. imposition, quarantine restrictions, etc…)
This is a suggested packing list, which you should feel free to adjust to suit your needs. Please refer to our travel guide for more detailed information.
• Backpack or soft bag
• Waterproof bag cover
• Spare batteries/bulb
• Personal medications
• Waterproof hiking boots
• Waterproof jacket with hood
• Waterproof over pants
• Fleece jacket or wool jumper
• Cotton t-shirts & long sleeve shirts
• Lightw Trousers & Shorts
• Socks & Underwear
• Sun hat & Sandals
• Sunglasses & Sun cream
• Insect repellent
• Resealing (Ziploc) plastic bags
• Watch/ alarm clock
• Money belt/ pouch
• Insurance confirmation copy
• Emergency contact number
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.