Trekking Club safari camp is a quite new project offering the full range of summer outdoor activities: comfortable accommodation in big two-room tents and marquees, virgin forests and variety of entertainments like mountain-bike and horse riding, rafting and rock-climbing are provided here. Our new Skiff sauna is open 24 hours, as well as rich buffet is always waiting for you to taste safari dishes.
Safari camping site is a beautiful glade in the upper reaches of Turgen Mountain River , in immediate proximity of Big Kairak waterfall. The river is a natural barrier that isolates a private camp territory from the road, but Trekking Club guests may always use our bridge to cross it. So, no any vehicles or passersby will never disturb.
Though, in spite of apparent privacy, a camping site is easy place to find – you just need to follow main Turgen road up to Batan. There are about 20 km from National Park entry gates, and 70 km from Almaty itself.
The road is fully asphalt-paved so seems to drive smooth and fast.
- accommodation in big new two-room tents. The tents are equipped with beds, safari-furniture and electricity. Each tent is placed at a separate glade so you may feel free and solitary but have an access to all camp infrastructure at the same time.
- comfortable buffet-marquee offering 3 meals a day, with a number of main dishes and snacks. All the camp events are provided here, accompanied by TV and music background.
- traditional Skiff sauna on a riverside of Turgen, in a teepee big tent
- various activities:
- mountain-bike riding: a pictorial forest track to Big Kairak waterfall is loved by real riders and trekkers. Our bikes are available for rent any time.
- rock climbing courses . Some steep and gentle rocks nearby Trekking Club safari camp are at your service all summer long. You may use all our gear and climbing instructor’s time to acquire climbing skills or train yourself as long as you wish.
- rope-way (bridge) over Turgen river, specially made for those who like extreme feelings of flying on rope over huge mountain stream. Our instructor will provide all necessary gear and directions for your safe crossing.
- 2-, 3- and 5-days trekking tours by Turgen ravine and canyon.
Accommodation at a Trekking Club campsite costs $35 per 1 person per 1 night.
The price includes:
- staying in a comfortable 2-rooms living tent equipped with 2 beds, 2 sleeping bags (blanket type), furnishing, wicker furniture, electric lights
- 3 meals a day on a “buffet” basis
- using of lodge infrastructure: barbecue, dining-tent, pavilions etc. - rope-bridge over Turgen river: you may use it any time – all necessary equipment and instructions will be surely provided by the stuff
- free excursion to Big Kairak waterfall (for the groups of more than 6 persons)
Skiff sauna (for groups of 2-6 persons at once) is to be requested and paid additionally.
All other services of safari-lodge (rock-climbing, trekking and hiking, auto-tours etc) can be requested at a counter, according to the price-list.
The Trekking Club safari camping open 7 days a week, 24-hours a day.
The summer season starts in May and ends in September.