Arabel. Spring ski-tour on glaciers.
Best season: February, March, April, May,
If you are addicted to snow and whole winter is not enough for you to ski, please welcome to spring ski-touring on glaciers in Arabel’ plateau. This unique high-altitude mountain valley located to the south of Issyk-Kul lake between Terskey Ala-Too and Jetimbel’ ridges. It is 350 km east from Bishkek. Arabel’ plateau lies at an altitude of 3800 meters. It seems that harsh climate with low temperatures accumulate and preserves mass of snow until end of spring especially for insatiate riders. Glaciers and ridges surroundings the plateau rises up 500 m and gives us slopes of different steepness from challenging 35 degree untill relaxing and fluent 20 degree. Moreover, there are almost no crevasses on glaciers what makes this area more safe and beautiful place for ski-touring both for experienced riders and for beginners.
Accommodation will be organized in Tamga village in a cozy guesthouse with sauna. It means that every day we’ll drive about 1,5 hours up to the plateau, do one or two ascents and descents on different glaciers. After ski-touring, we’ll drive back to guesthouse where you can relax in hot sauna sharing emotions and drinking beer.
Day 1. Manas int.airport – Bishkek – Tamga village. At the morning meeting with clients in airport. (Or meeting in guest house in Bishkek). Drive to Tamga village. (5-6 hours, 350km) Lunch en-route in café. At the evening snow situation briefing, equipment check.
Meal: Lunch, Dinner. Accommodation: Guesthouse.
Days 2 – 5. Ski-touring on glaciers of Arabel plateau. After early breakfast, we will drive up to Arabel plateau to start point of ski-tour. Normally we will do one or two ascents and descents every day. Exact route will be chosen by guide according current weather, snow and client’s conditions. Lunch on slope (lunchbox).
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch (lunchbox), Dinner. Accommodation: Guesthouse.
Day 6. Tamga village – Bishkek city. After breakfast, we will drive back to Bishkek. By the way we’ll visit Fairytale canyon to make short walk and great photos. As an option we can do half day ski-touring and drive back to Bishkek late evening.
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch box, Dinner. Accommodation: Hotel.
Day 7. Bishkek – Manas int. airport. Breakfast. Transfer to airport. End of the program.
- Group of 2 persons – USD 1380 per person
- Group of 3 persons – USD 1250 per person
- Group of 4 persons – USD 1120 per person
- Group of 5 persons – USD 1075 per person
- Group of 6 persons – USD 980 per person
- Group of 7 persons – USD 890 per person
- Group of 8 persons – USD 810 per person
- Mountain guide fee;
- Meeting and seeing of at the airport;
- All land transfers according program;
- Accommodation in guest house in Bishkek - 1 night after trip;
- Accommodation in Tamga guest house – 5 nights;
- Full board;
- Second guide for group more than 4 people;
- Radio communication;
- Ecological, entrance fees and permits.
- International air tickets;
- Changes of a program;
- Drinks and food, which are not included in the menu of the program;
- Other personal expenses.
Conditions and notes:
- The guide reserve the right to make a choice on the slope selection in the area for a ski tour, depending on snow conditions and avalanche danger level.
- For this program, maximum group size is 4 persons per 1 guide. If you are larger group, the second guide will come with us.
- Tourists provide personal ski outfit for the program by themselves.
- All group members must have medical insurance (including helicopter evacuation) with a minimum coverage of USD 35 000.
List of necessary equipment:
- Skis with ski-tour bindings and skins or splitboard or snowshoes;
- Transceiver, probe, shovel;
- Backpack 20-35 liters with holdings for skis/snowboard;
- Warm skiing jacket and trousers;
- Warm gloves and a hat;
- Ski goggles;
- Sunscreen SPF 25-50;
- Bottle for water 1 liter.
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.