9 DAYS TO DISCOVER TAJIKISTAN
OSH - BOTKEN - KHUJAND - PENJIKENT - ISKANDARKUL-DUSHANBE - KHOROG - WAKHAN CORRIDOR - MURGAB - OSH
THROUGH THE PAMIR HIGHWAY AND WAKHAN CORRIDOR
What you will see: Panjakent old city, Sarazm site, Panj River and its gorges, along the Afghan border / The famous Wakhan valley /Ancient fortresses Kah-Kaa (III century BC-VII century) and Yamchun (III-I century BC) / Petroglyphs / Yashilkul and Iskandarkul fantastic scenery / the Pamir plateau
What you will enjoy: historical places / bathing in hot springs / amazing scenery of the Afghan Hindu-Kush / Tajik hospitality.
- Day 1. Depart Osh drive to Kyrgys-Tajik border check point through Botken. Then drive Khojand, having lunch there. Visit Paishanbe bazar in Khudjand Mausoleum of Sheik Muslihiddin, Mosque + citadel. Night in Guesthouse/Hotel. 377km.
- Day 2. In the morning Drive to Istrafshan (former Ura Tube) visit Kok Gumbaz and Mug Teppa fortress in Istrafshan. Leaving Istrafshan and head to Panjakent and then to Sarazm site. Come back to Panjikent and visit Abuabdullo Rudaki museum. 295km.
- Day 3. Drive to Iskandarkul lake. On the way visit Panjrud and see the mausoleum of Abuabdullo Rudaki - founder of Persian-Tajik literature. If you reach Saratog earlier, go for trekking around and to mountains. Stay overnight in Saratogh.164 km.
- Day 4. Drive to Dushanbe. Have a lunch in famous khonai (Tea House) Rohat, Tajik National meals including plov. After lunch drive to Hissor Fortress and the come back to Dushanbe for City Tour: Museum of Antiquities, Ismaili Center and National Museum of Tajikistan. In the evening walking in Dushanbe Rudaki street – to see monument to Ismoili Somoni, founder of first Tajik state and some other places. 230km
- Day 5. Head to the Pamirs. On the way enjoy the view of Nurek lake dam and discover Hulbuk fortress and the mausoleum of a poet and scholar of the 14th century, Khoja Mir Sayid Ali Hamadani in Kulyab. Overnight in Kalai-Khumb town. 355 km
- Day 6. Depart Kalai-Khumb (Darvaz) and head to Khorog. On the way enjoy the Afghan villages along the Panj (Oxsus) River. Also visit Womar fort in Rushan and monument of Nosiri Khusrav in Porshinev. Overnight in a homestay/hotel in Khorog. 250 km
- Day 7. Khorog City Tour: Botanical Garden, Historical Museum, City Park and Visitor Tourism Information Center. Then depart Khorog and drive to Ishkashim. Drive to the Wakhan Corridor. Visit the ruins of Kah-Kaha and Yamchun fortresses, Bibi Fotima hot-spring, pre-Islamic shrines, Museum of Sufi Muboraki Vakhoni, astronomer and scholar of the 19th century. Trekking to Buddhist stupa in Vrang and Langar petroglyphs. Overnight in a homestay in Langar village. 240 km
- Day 8. Drive to Bulunkul (the coldest place in Tajikistan) along Pamir River via Khargush Pass (4344 m). 2-3 hours hike to the pass viewpoint (Panarama Ridge) for the great view of the whole Wakhan valley, both Tajik and Afghan. Drive to Burunkul and Yashilkul (‘Green’) lakes, enjoy the beauty of landscape. Depart Bulunkul and head to Murghab through Alichur village. Overnight in a homestay/hotel in Murghab. 275 km
- Day 9. Depart Murghab and drive to Karakul village/lake. Short walk along Karakul lake. Then drive to Sary-Tash, the first village of Kyrgyzstan, through Tajik-Kyrgyz checkpoints. If there are no clouds on the horizon enjoy the view of Lenin Peak (7134m) in Sary-Tash. After drive to Osh. Farewell dinner and overnight in a guesthouse/hotel in Osh. 422 km.
Total 2608 km.
Total price for; 1 pax - 1814USD, 2 pax - 1832USD, 3 pax – 2100USD, 4 pax – 2210USD
- Transport 4WD
- Entrance tickets (all museums, hot springs, Botanical Garden and Tajik National Park)
- Office charge including tax
Price does not includes:
- Visa and GBAO permit
- Food and accommodation
- Guide service
- International flights
- All other personal expenses
Note: In tour program can be included the following: one day trek to Jizev, one day trek to Peak Engels Meadow, one day de tour to Afghan Ishkashim or Shugnan, visit of Tajik/Afghan border market only on Saturdays in Kalai Khumb or in Vanj or in Khorog
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.