Konorchek canyons. Guided hiking day.
Bests season: all year round.
Konorchek canyons also known as Eolian Castles, from Greek language translates like “god of the wind”. This picturesque area is situated 136 km from Bishkek in Boom gorge. It is great option for one day hiking all year round.
We start at 8-00 and drive about 2 hours to the Train bridge in Boom gorge, where we live our car. Then we trek up along small river Kurganterek and turn to the left narrow gorge with confluent stream. Keeping hiking through narrow labyrinth of rocky walls with several easy-scrambling parts let us to feel the spirit of exploration.
After 1,5 hours of hiking we suddenly get to the wide-open area with Eolian castles ahead. The amazing landscape of canyons was the result of many thousand years of wind erosion. The quaint walls of the canyon resemble the ruins of ancient castles. You seem to be on another planet, where time flows quite differently.
After lunch in panoramic spot we will have time to take pictures and enjoy the surrounding views.
- For group of 1 person – USD 114 per person per program
- For group of 2 person – USD 95 per person per program
- For group of 3 person – USD 75 per person per program
- For group of 4 person – USD 55 per person per program
- For group of 5 person – USD 50 per person per program
- All transfers according program;
- Bottled water – 2 L per person.
- International flights;
- Alcohol beverages;
- Personal expences;
- Deviations from program.
List of equipment:
- Waterproof trekking boots;
- Backpack 25 – 35 L;
- Sun cream SPF 50+;
- Gloves (for winter time);
- Warm and waterproof clothing (for winter time).
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.