Our first offering is an 11-day guided backpacking trek through some of the most beautiful country you’re likely to see, along with ancient archaeological sites, wonderful canyons, and fields of wildflowers.
Day 1 – Arrive Bishkek and acclimatize; local city tour optional. Stay at guest house.
Day 2 – Drive to Karakol at the easternmost end of the famous Issyk Kol lake, the world’s 2nd largest alpine lake; en route tour the famous Burana Tower and associated archaeological site. Watch a game of Ulak Tartysh (goat polo.) Stay at a local guest house.
Day 3 – Tour Karakol with its Przhevalsky Museum and wooden Russian Orthodox cathedral, visit the Jety Oguz gorge and then begin the trek. Stay in a yurt.
Days 4-9 – Trekking through the incredible forests and peaks of eastern Kyrgyzstan, eventually arriving at the lakeside town of Cholpin Ata. Stay in western style tents.
Day 10 – Return to Bishkek and stay at a local guest house.
Day 11 – Return Home.
best in summer time, roughly July and August)
Total, 11 days and 10 nights in Kyrgyzstan: $2985 US Dollars per guest, for 1-2 guests, $2290 US Dollars per guest, for 3-4 guests, $2070 US Dollars per guest for 5-6 guests. If more than 6 guests, please let us know and there will be a further discount.
During the trek itself, all meals will be provided, along with guest house lodging, yurts, or tents at the evening stopping points. There will also be porters available to carry all of your gear, a 12 kg max carried w per guest is allowed. The trek costs begin at $2985 US Dollars per person for a group of two, but please note costs drop considerably with larger groups; with our available guides we can accommodate groups of up to 10 trekkers.
Our expedition packages do not include:
- Travel to and from home country, or excess luggage fees.
- Alcoholic beverages (clients may provide their own at their own expense, but are requested to please be respectful of local customs regarding consumption. ie. there is some alcohol consumption locally, but you should still be in control of yourself and stop before you are intoxicated. )
- Any kind of insurance, medical or otherwise.
- Visas or other legal documents needed to enter Kyrgyzstan (although we can provide an “Invitation Letter” for clients at an additional fee, if required.) Most countries have a free 60 day tourist stamp agreement with Kyrgyzstan. See the Visa policy of Kyrgyzstan and Visa policy of Kazakhstan.
- Any other expenses of an incidental or personal nature, including telephone calls and shopping for souvenirs.
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are provided each day of your trek, featuring local cuisine with the specific menu selected by your hosts. If you have specific food concerns, e.g. an allergy, please let us know in advance and we can make appropriate arrangements as needed. If the client wishes to go fishing, they are responsible for bringing necessary tackle. Suggested packing lists and general descriptions of climate and terrain can be provided upon request.
Lastly, please rest assured we will do everything in our power to ensure a safe and enjoyable (and hopefully even educational!) journey for our clients. If you like what we do, tell your friends. If for some reason you don’t, then tell us – and we’ll do what we can to “make it right.”
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.