East Kazakhstan Tour: "Flora of the West Altai", 4 Days
4 days/3 night
The tour program includes visiting Altai Botanical garden, walking in the forest, and hiking in the West Altai Mountains.
You will get to know the rich flora of the West Altai and see the most common plants of the region, as well as endemic plants and plants listed in the Red Book.
You will visit Poperechnoye village, which had been founded in XVIII century, and become a guest in a typical peasant house with Russian sauna (banya), a garden, horses, a cow, chickens, and cats. All the ingredients used for cooking meals are natural, grown in own gardens of local villagers.
- Type of the route - hiking and exploring
- Average time on the route – 9 hours a day
- gth of the route – 400 km
- gth of the hike - 8 km (with frequent stops)
- Height difference – up to 900 m
- Height above the sea level – 700 m -760 m
- Recommended physical preparation – medium, weak
- Recommended time – May 10 – August 10
- Cost of the tour may vary depending on the number of tourists;
- The time of departure from Ust-Kamenogorsk \ arrival in Ust-Kamenogorsk is indicative and can not be considered a mandatory item of the program;
- The time and procedure for the provision of tourist services declared in the program may vary with the preservation of their volume and quality.
- The company reserves the right to change the itinerary, as well as the time of tourists staying on the route under adverse weather conditions, in order to ensure the safety of tourists.
- Hiking boots
- Windproof and waterproof clothes
- First Aid Kit
- Means of personal hygiene
- Specialized equipment – cameras, binoculars, etc.
- Other personal items that may be required during a trip.
• 9.00– Transfer to Ridder
• 8.00 - Breakfast
Resurrection plant - Lycopódium clavátum
Ferns - Polypodiópsida
As well as the main forest-forming species, namely
Warty birch - Bétula péndula
the furry Siberian pines, spruces, and firs - Pínus sibirica.
In the undergrowth, you can see Siberian mountain ash (Sorbus sibirica),
Siberian red currant (Ríbesrúbrum),
Yellow acacia (Caragána arboréscens),
Altai honeysuckle (Lonícera altaicum).
At any time of the year the plants of Altai astonish visitors with the variegation of the grass stand, including primroses, such as Siberian Trout Lily – Erythrōnium sibīricum
Altai 'crested lark' - Corydalis,
Altai and Blue Anemones - Anemonoides,
Spring Primrose - Primula vulgaris,
and plants of the forests and meadows, namely
Alpine Delphinium – Delphínium elátum
Allium Microdictyon, Meadow Geranium – Geránium pretense
Aconítum leucostómum, Goldenrod- Solidágo gebler
Tuberous Jerusalem Sage – Phlomoídes tuberósa
Thalictrum - Thalictrum and other species. Damp glades among the forests may surprise you with sign plants of the Altai flora, such as Trollius Altaicus.
Altai onion - Allium altaicum
Asian species of wild onion- Allium ledebourianum
Siberian columbine - Aquilegia glandulosa
Altai viola - Viola altaica
Siberian Fawn Lily or Siberian Trout Lily Erythronium sibiricum (Fisch. etMey.) Kryl.
BETULACEAE S. F. Gray - the Birch family Warty birch- Вetula pendula Roth (В.verrucosaEhrh.)
the Prickly wild rose or the Bristly rose - Rosa acicularis Lindl.
Altai Siberian plant- Sibiraeaaltaiensis (Laxm.) Schneid. (S. laevigata (L.) Maxim.)
08.00 Slow breakfast made from natural farm products will fill you with power and energy for the whole day ahead
Meadowsweet or mead wort – Filipéndula ulmária
Leopard's bane - Doronicum
Buttercup - Ranúnculus
Marsh grass or Parnassus – Parnássia palústris
White clover – Trifolium repens
Meadow clover - Trifolium pratense
Lousewort - Pedicularis
Leopard plant - Ligularia
• Lunch in the forest (lunch box provided)
• A large breakfast before our departure to Ust-Kamenogorsk
Tour price per one person:
- 2 pax – 485$
- 3 pax – 370$
- 4 pax – 315$
- 5 pax – 280$
- 6 pax – 255$
The price includes:
- Transfer UstKamenogorsk – Ridder – Ust-Kamenogorsk
- Off-road transport on the route
- Accommodation in Altai Hotel in Ridder – 1 night
- Accommodation in a guesthouse in Poperechnoye village (Russian sauna (banya), outdoor facilities). Please note the village does not have WC blocks. The toilets are long drop allowing for natural decomposition.
- Guide services
- Meals according to the program (FB)
- Let us know if you have any food preferences (like being a vegetarian) or are allergic to certain ingredients. We will certainly take this fact into account when compiling the menu.
- Light snacks during the hike – dried fruits and nuts (150g per person a day)
- Drinking bottled water – 1.5 liters a day
- Registration in the Ministry of Emergency Situations (the route takes place in the border area and requires special registration of tourists).
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.