Full Day Tour to Kazbegi & Gergeti Trinity Church
This tour to Kazbegi and Gergeti Trinity Church covers one of the most scenic and stunning sections of the Great Caucasus Mountains. Kazbegi area is a mountains region of Georgia surrounded by narrow gorges and unspoiled mountains. We follow military highway, visit Ananuri Castle complex, stop at Gudauri for panorama view and arrive in Kazbegi. Afterwards, we take 4X4 car to Gergeti Trinity Church or take an optional hike (3 hours). In the evening, we depart for Tbilisi.
- Anunuri Castle Complex – a medieval architectural complex unites two churches, several towers and defense walls. Beautiful frescoes, facades and views over the Jinvali reservoir makes a beginning a journey as a fairy-tale.
- Gudauri – A famous winter resort is surrounded by Great Caucasus mountain peaks. Stop at the Panorama view site and take a breath and photos in the green mountains.
- Kazbegi – a small town in mountains areas suggest cozy cafes, restaurants and a magnificent view over the Mount Kazbegi.
- Gergeti Trinity Church - hike to the church which is located on the 2200 meters from sea level, right below the summit of Mt Kazbegi and above the small town of Stepantsminda. The church was built in XIV century, while its separate bell tower was constructed after several years. 3 hours is needed to cover 10 km distance of hiking from Kazbegi to the church.
- Gveleti Waterfalls – located in the granite cliffs of Dariali gorge, two waterfalls offer visitors a clean and refreshing waters and roaring environment. We take here a 1 hour easy walk into the gorges. Overnight in Kazbegi.
The minimum number of people in a planned group tour is two travelers.
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.