What you do this weekend? Any plan? Let’s go to Elsen Tasarkhai or mini Gobi to my friend’s place and sleep overnight in ger with local host, drinking, eating. It is fun. You also can ride camel on the sand dune. It is also birthing season for animals. There are many baby sheep and kids outside. How is that?
COST:US$200 per person
FYI: Camel Riding is ₮15,000 per hour, per camel, payable to local nomadic family. (Remember you are also expected to pay the herder’s camel also.)
What to expect:
- 280km west from Ulaanbaatar by paved road
- 4 hours of driving, you can eat on the way
- Take your own snacks, drinks, water
- Use hand sanitizer, after contact with furry animals
- Do you have allergy from dust, furry animal?
- Bring your own sleeping bag
- Sleeping overnight in ger
- Buy some chocolates, candies in case if there are children
- Learning how to make traditional Mongolian food
- Riding camel on sand dune
- Drinking Mongolian tea (salty milk tea)
- Helping nomadic family to round up their animals
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.