Best season: June-September
Route: Almaty – Big Almaty Lake – Charyn Canyon – Karakol – Kochkor – Son-Kul lake - Bishkek
Duration: 9 days / 8 nights
Day 1 Almaty
· Step to Almaty International airport where our guide will meet you.
· Transfer to Almaty city. Almaty is southern capital of Kazakhstan.
· Explore Almaty with visiting main sights as unique Zenkov Cathedral, Museum of Kazakh Folk Musical Instruments, Green Bazaar, Kok-Tube hill and city squares.
· After interesting and busy day step to hotel in Almaty for rest.
Day 2 Almaty – Big Almaty lake-Charyn Canyon (270 km, 4.5-5 hrs)
· Today will continue to explore beautiful landscapes of Kazakhstan including Big Almaty lake and Charyn Canyon.
Big Almaty lake is natural alpine reservoir located in the Trans-Ili Alatau mountains at the height of 2511 meters above sea level
Charyn Canyon has been described as the Grand Canyon’s little brother. The canyon is about 12 million years old and surprises with its vertical cliffs, reminding the ancient castles, created by wind, sun and rain.
· Accommodation: bungalows in Eco Park
Day 3 Charyn – Tepke village (250 km, 4.5-5 hrs)
· In the morning explore Charyn Canyon
· Drive to Karakol via Kazakh-Kyrgyz “Karkyra-Kegen” border
· Enjoy the beautiful valley Karkyra
· Arrival to Tepke village, 20 km away from Karakol city.
· Acommodation: Tepke guest house.
Day 4 Tepke-Karakol-Djety-Oguz and Kok-Djayik gorges
· Step to horse farm and rancho in Tepke and see Kyrgyz champion horses.
· Excursion of Karakol city
· After visit Djety-Oguz and Kok-Djayik gorges
· Accommodation: yurt camp in Kok-Djayik gorge
Day 5 Kok-Djayik – Barskoon gorge - Skazka Canyon - Kochkor (280 km, 4.5-5 hrs)
- Drive to Kochkor via south shore of Issyk-Kul lake
- En route visit Barskoon gorge which is famous with its waterfalls
- Hiking till the waterfall “Cup of Manas”
- Visit Fairy Tale Canyon
- Optionally possible for eagle hunting demonstration in Bokonbaevo village (at extra cost)
- Continue driving to Kochkor via Orto-Tokoi water reservoir
- Accommodation: in local house with Kyrgyz family
Day 6 Kochkor – Son-Kul lake (150 km, 2.5-3 hrs)
· Today drive to Son-Kul lake, located at the altitude 3016 m above sea level via Kalmak-Ashuu pass
· Upon arrival to Son-Kul possible for hiking
· Optionally horse riding (at extra cost)
· Accommodation: Kyrgyz traditional dwelling - yurt
Day 7 Son-Kul lake – Bishkek (350 km, 5.5-6 hrs)
· Today step to capital city of Kyrgyzstan – Bishkek city.
· En route visit architectural complex Burana
Accommodation: “Ambassador” hotel 4*
Day 8 Bishkek
· Explore the city
· Visit buzzling Osh bazaar
Accommodation: “Ambassador” hotel 4*
Day 9 Departure day
· Transfer to Manas airport for flight.
· See the group off
Price per person in USD based on double/twin occupancy
- Accommodation at the hotels/local houses/yurts with breakfasts
- Transport services according to itinerary
- English speaking guide
- entrance fees and excursions
- 1 l min water per day per person
- Single room accommodation (Note: single room is available only in hotels in Almaty and Bishkek city)
- Full board
- Insurance and airport taxes
- Porterage at hotels, apartment, airports and seaports, tips, laundry, wines, mineral water, telephone charges
- all items of personal nature and also food and drinks not forming part of the touring group's menu.
- Visa support (if required)
- Horse riding
- Eagle hunting demonstration
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.