TERELJ NATIONAL PARK and CHINGGIS STATUE
Duration: 1 day
Group Size: 1-24
Overland Tour: Distance 180 km
Tour Operator: Tours
Activities: Horse riding, hiking, visiting a temple and Chinggis Khaan Statue
Provide more than 2pax
30% off for children under 2-6 years old
∣ Our first stop is Zaisan Hill.
∣ Drive to the tallest horseman statue in the world, dedicated to legendary Mongolian emperor – Chinggis or Genghis Khan, and see as far-sighted Chinggis Khaan holds a golden whip in his right hand.
∣ Terelj area/Terelj National Park located north-east of Ulaanbaatar, has been a holiday resort for a long time. In 1993 it became a national park which covers 293,168 hectares. Terelj resort, lying in the Valley of terelj River, 80 km from Ulaanbaatar, is the most visited area in Mongolia thanks to its magnificent scenery and proximity to Ulaanbaatar city. The area is famous for its beautiful natural scenery, spectacular rock formations and the rich flora and fauna. The naturally created Turtle Rock, the Ariyapala meditation centre on a mountainside and lifestyle of its nomads are the key attractions.
∣ Visit Kazak nomadic family. 1-hour horse ride trail and hiking. You’ll explore the extraordinary formation of rocks and stones; some of them look quite similar to turtles and visit one of the small Buddhist temples in Terelj national park.
∣ Drive back to Ulaanbaatar.
• Transfers upon arrival and departure
• In the countryside, all lodging will be in ger camps and nomadic family’s Ger.
• All meals are provided as stated in the itinerary.
• Ground transportation: in the countryside by driven 4WD van, bus in the city area.
• Park entrance fees
• Horse and Camel ride
• Sightseeing as per itinerary
• 1.5 litre of drinking water per day per person
• Accommodation in a hotel or hostel in Ulaanbaatar
• Hotel extras, such as telephone calls, bar bills, and laundry services
• Travel insurance, medical insurance
• Alcoholic beverages
• Personal expenses such as IDD call, the internet, laundry, items of a personal nature
• Gratuity to local guides and drivers
• Airfare or train ticket
• Airport taxes, excess baggage charges (over 44pound / 20kilo)
• Changes of arrival/departure flights
• Additional services
• Any charges of major force beyond our control (e.g. imposition, quarantine restrictions, etc…)
This is a suggested packing list, which you should feel free to adjust to suit your needs. Please refer to our travel guide for more detailed information.
• Backpack or soft bag
• Waterproof bag cover
• Spare batteries/bulb
• Personal medications
• Waterproof hiking boots
• Waterproof jacket with hood
• Waterproof over pants
• Fleece jacket or wool jumper
• Cotton t-shirts & long sleeve shirts
• Lightw Trousers & Shorts
• Socks & Underwear
• Sun hat & Sandals
• Sunglasses & Sun cream
• Money belt/ pouch
• Insurance confirmation copy
• Emergency contact number
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.