Duration: 3 days, 2 nights
Group Size: 1-24
Activities: Camel riding, hiking, and Khustai National park to see wild horses.
Overland Tour: Distance 630 km
Tour Operator: Tours
Provide more than 2pax
30% off for children under 2-6 years old
Horse riding, Mongolia, wild, steppe, tour, tourism, Ulaanbaatar, festival, holiday, trend, Asia, east, Terelj, national park, short tour, rock, reserve, ride, monument, Chingiss khan, complex, mini gobi, gobi, camel, camel riding, sand dunes, yurt, nomadic life, lifestyle, lake, mountain, hiking, group tour, cheap tour, visa Mongolia, travel Mongolia, reindeer family, khuvsgulOn this trip you’ll enjoy the landscape of Mount Khogno Khan Nature Reserve, and the sand dunes nearby called “Elsen Tasarkhai”, learn about Buddhism and the history of Mongolia, and how we set up the Khustai National park. Furthermore, you’ll be able to experience the typical nomadic family lifestyle and do horse and/or camel riding.
Day 1. Khogno Khan Nature Reserve
We’ll to drive to Mount Khogno Khan Nature Reserve in the afternoon. On reaching the mountain after a couple of hours, you will arrive at a nomadic family ger in front of this beautifully forested rocky mountain. The mountain is home to hundreds of birds, deer, and gazelle. You’ll be able to go hiking around the area or to the small sand dunes nearby called “Elsen tasarkhai”. Stay overnight in a nomadic family’s Ger.
Day 2. Khogno Khan Nature Reserve
We’ll do camel or horseback riding for one hour. And then we’ll go hiking to the Uvgon temple ruins. Stay overnight in a nomadic family Ger.
Day 3. Khustai National Park and Ulaanbaatar
We will see Takhi, the Asian wild horse. If you have a chance, see the wolf, argali sheep, and deer. Enjoy small hiking and photographing the charming landscape and wildlife. Finally, we’ll drive back to Ulaanbaatar.
• Transfers upon arrival and departure
• In the countryside, all lodging will be in ger camps and nomadic family’s Ger.
• All meals are provided as stated in the itinerary.
• Ground transportation: in the countryside by driven 4WD van, bus in the city area.
• Park entrance fees
• Horse and Camel ride
• Sightseeing as per itinerary
• 1.5 litre of drinking water per day per person
• Accommodation in a hotel or hostel in Ulaanbaatar
• Hotel extras, such as telephone calls, bar bills, and laundry services
• Travel insurance, medical insurance
• Alcoholic beverages
• Personal expenses such as IDD call, the internet, laundry, items of a personal nature
• Gratuity to local guides and drivers
• Airfare or train ticket
• Airport taxes, excess baggage charges (over 44pound / 20kilo)
• Changes of arrival/departure flights
• Additional services
• Any charges of major force beyond our control (e.g. imposition, quarantine restrictions, etc…)
This is a suggested packing list, which you should feel free to adjust to suit your needs. Please refer to our travel guide for more detailed information.
• Backpack or soft bag
• Waterproof bag cover
• Spare batteries/bulb
• Personal medications
• Waterproof hiking boots
• Waterproof jacket with hood
• Waterproof over pants
• Fleece jacket or wool jumper
• Cotton t-shirts & long sleeve shirts
• Lightw Trousers & Shorts
• Socks & Underwear
• Sun hat & Sandals
• Sunglasses & Sun cream
• Money belt/ pouch
• Insurance confirmation copy
• Emergency contact number
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.