Duration: 4 days, 3nights
Group Size: 1-24
Overland Tour: Distance 490 km
Tour Operator: Tours
Activities: Camel riding for an hour at Khongoryn Els, hiking
Provide more than 2pax
30% off for children under 2-6 years old
Unlike most people’s common imagination about the desert, Mongolian Gobi desert is mostly vegetated, vast steppe and a home to a big number of camel herders. Due to its size and sparse inhabitation, it instantly brings tranquility and evokes mysteries to its visitors. During this trip, we will reveal you the most highlighting components of this legendary desert – Vulture gorge (Eagle Valley), Khongor sand dunes and Bayanzag, once really was dinosaurs home.
Day 1. Fly to South Gobi and visit Eagle Valley
After meet in Ulaanbaatar, transfer to the airport for your flight to Dalanzadgad, the capital of Umnugobi aimag. Drive to Yol Am – a wonderfully picturesque place with ice even in summer, and surrounded by sheer rocky walls, forming incredible canyons. These areas are situated in the Gobi Gurvan Saikhan National Park that encompasses the “Three Beauties” peaks and the most easterly points of the Altai Mountains. Hiking. Stay overnight in a nomadic family’s Ger.
Day 2. Mongolian largest sand dunes
After breakfast, take a trip to Khongor sand dunes. The sand dunes change color with each hour of the day, from yellow to silver to rose-colored at (dawn/ sundown). On the way see to Dungene valley – a wonderfully picturesque place and surrounded by sheer rocky walls, forming incredible canyons. You will be riding on camel to explore the Khongor sand dunes.Stay overnight in a nomadic family’s Ger.
Day 3. Explore dinosaur's land
We will drive to Bayanzag, (known as a Flaming Cliffs where the first nest of dinosaur eggs found in 1922) a site famous for the remains of dinosaurs which lived here 60 million years ago. You can walk around where dinosaurs once roamed and see saxaul trees and other classic desert vegetation. Stay overnight in a nomadic family’s Ger.
Day 4. Fly back Ulaanbaatar and end the trip
Up early you will be driven back to Dalanzadgad with your guide for your return flight to Ulaanbaatar.
• Transfers upon arrival and departure
• In the countryside, all lodging will be in ger camps and nomadic family’s Ger.
• All meals are provided as stated in the itinerary.
• Ground transportation: in the countryside by driven 4WD van, bus in the city area.
• Park entrance fees
• Horse and Camel ride
• Sightseeing as per itinerary
• 1.5 litre of drinking water per day per person
• Accommodation in a hotel or hostel in Ulaanbaatar
• Hotel extras, such as telephone calls, bar bills, and laundry services
• Travel insurance, medical insurance
• Alcoholic beverages
• Personal expenses such as IDD call, the internet, laundry, items of a personal nature
• Gratuity to local guides and drivers
• Airfare or train ticket
• Airport taxes, excess baggage charges (over 44pound / 20kilo)
• Changes of arrival/departure flights
• Additional services
• Any charges of major force beyond our control (e.g. imposition, quarantine restrictions, etc…)
This is a suggested packing list, which you should feel free to adjust to suit your needs. Please refer to our travel guide for more detailed information.
• Backpack or soft bag
• Waterproof bag cover
• Spare batteries/bulb
• Personal medications
• Waterproof hiking boots
• Waterproof jacket with hood
• Waterproof over pants
• Fleece jacket or wool jumper
• Cotton t-shirts & long sleeve shirts
• Lightw Trousers & Shorts
• Socks & Underwear
• Sun hat & Sandals
• Sunglasses & Sun cream
• Money belt/ pouch
• Insurance confirmation copy
• Emergency contact number
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.