Duration: 5 days, 4 nights
Group size: minimum 3person
Route: Ulan Bator – Olgii – Ulan Bator
Tour highlights: Olgii, Golden Eagle Festival
Single Supplement in Ger camp
Single occupancy in ger camps; 80 USD per person
Provide more than 2pax
Discount: 30% off for children under 2-6 years old
Day1. Arrival on the Kazakh land
Ulan Bator - Olgii
∣ We embark on our flight towards the Mongolian Far West. We fly over the central lakes and the Western mountains, then arrive in Olgii.
∣ We arrive in the capital of province that is the most Westerly in the place of the world that is the farthest from the oceans. Olgii is located at 1636 km (1,02 mile) from Ulan-Bator, at 1710 metres (1,06 mile) above the sea level. Principally Kazakhs live there and its atmosphere is very influenced by Central Asia: many signs written in Arabic, mosques and their cupolas pricked up to the sky.
∣ Visit of the Museum of the province of Bayan-Olgii.
∣ Stay overnight: tourist ger camp
∣ Each year, falconers living in the area get together on the occasion of the Eagles Festival that symbolizes the opening of the shooting season, where everyone can come with its eagle-hunter and show its skill. Preys are foxes, rabbits, or small wolves. Skill tournaments are held all day long, but also bush kashi trials, over the course of which Kazakh horsemen compete to catch the corpse of a sheep. The first one who catches it must bring it behind a predefined line, while the other ones try to snatch it from him. You'll attend this trial all day long.
∣ Stay overnight: tourist ger camp
Day3-4. Hunting with a falconer and its golden eagle
Olgii - Sagsai
∣ You'll attend the second day of the Eagles Festival. The trials come one after another before the presentation of the prizes.
∣ At the end of the day, we follow a falconer to his home, in the village of Sagsai, where we spend the night.
∣ Stay overnight: Kazak nomadic family’s ger
Day5. Return flight to Ulan Bator
Olgii - Ulan Bator
∣ We arrive in Olgii and embark on our plane to fly back to Ulan-Bator.
∣ Arrival in town and transfer to your hotel where you can rest a few moments.
∣ Rest of the day free. With our guide, you can go and shop in the centre of the city
- Transfers upon arrival and departure
- English speaking guide at all times.
- In the countryside all lodging will be in ger camps and nomadic family’s Ger.
- All meals are provided as stated in the itinerary.
- Ground transportation: in the countryside by driven 4WD van, bus in the city area.
- Park entrance fees
- Horse and Camel ride
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- 1.5 liter of drinking water per day per person
- Accommodation in a hotel or hostel in Ulaanbaatar
- Hotel extras, such as telephone calls, bar bills and laundry services
- Travel insurance, medical insurance
- Visa application fees
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses such as IDD call, internet, laundry, items of a personal nature
- Gratuity to local guides and drivers
- Airfare or train ticket
- Airport taxes, excess baggage charges (over 44pound / 20kilo)
- Changes of arrival/departure flights
- Additional services
- Any charges of major force beyond our control (e.g. imposition, quarantine restrictions, etc…)
This is a suggested packing list, which you should feel free to adjust to suit your needs. Please refer to our travel guide for more detailed information.
- backpack or soft bag
- waterproof bag cover
- day pack
- head lamp/flashlight
- spare batteries/bulb
- personal medications
- waterproof hiking boots
- waterproof jacket with hood
- waterproof over pants
- fleece jacket or wool jumper
- cotton t-shirts
- long sleeve shirts
- lightw trousers
- sun hat
- sun glasses
- sun cream
- insect repellent
- resealing (Ziploc) plastic bags
- watch/ alarm clock
- money belt/ pouch
- insurance confirmation copy
- emergency contact number