Duration: 7 days, 6 nights
Overland Tour: Distance 1640kms
Tour Operator: Tours
Activities: Camel riding for an hour at Khongoryn Els, hiking, visiting a Natural museum
You will see there an eternally clear sky, blue mirages, golden sands and boundlessly expansive steppe lands, wild asses, ibexes camels, mountain sheep and gazelles flourish here, as do different types of flora. That’s the Gobi Desert of Mongolia!
Provide more than 2pax
30% off for children under 2-6 years old
Day 1. Baga gazriin chuluu
1768 m high granite Stone Mountain in the territory of Adaatsag soum, Dundgobi aimag. They are not only rich in mineral and crystals, but also eye spring, old stone temple ruins related with the 17th century. We will hike around a mountain. Stay overnight in a nomadic family’s Ger.
Day 2. Tsagaan Suvraga
It is located junction of the middle Gobi and south Gobi provinces. Tsagaan Suvraga (White Stupa) is interesting to see the sheer slope, facing east, which from a distance seems to be the ruins of the ancient city. Hiking is a very good point. Stay overnight in a nomadic family’s Ger.
Day 3. ”Three beauty mountains” National Park
The mountains here are the highest in the Gobi Desert and the rocky scenery is quite interesting, especially until mid-July while the ice in a gorge remains. Some wildlife viewing. We’ll walk 3kms through a narrow valley, then 3 km back to the minivan. Stay overnight in a nomadic family or camping out.
Day 4. “Khongoryn Els” sand dunes
The Khongoryn Els is some of the largest and most spectacular sand dunes in Mongolia. We will see beautiful views, huge sand dunes and a cold water spring with a river that leads to two small ponds. Stay overnight in a nomadic family’s Ger.
Day 5.” Khongoryn Els” sand dunes
We will climb and hike to the top of the highest sand dunes. There is an oasis near Khongor creek at the northern edge of the sand dune. The dunes make a sound like a plane engine on a windy day so it’s named as “Singing Dunes”. 1-hour camel ride trial. Stay overnight in a nomadic family’s Ger. Have Mongolian traditional BBQ for dinner (upon your request).
Day 6. Bayan Zag
Bayanzag means “rich in saxaul shrubs” is more commonly known as the “Flaming Cliffs”. It was formed 60-70 million years ago. The area is most famous for the first discovery of dinosaur eggs. Flaming Cliffs was discovered in 1922 by the explorer Roy Chapman Andrew, who visited in Mongolia. Stay overnight in a nomadic family’s ger.
Day 7. Zorgol Khairkhan Mountain
The mountain noted “Secret history of Mongolian”. It has many caves and water springs. Lucky visitors, some wildlife viewing. According to shamanic custom, pronouncing the name of the holy mountains while visiting them is forbidden. Drive back Ulaanbaatar
- Transfers upon arrival and departure
- English speaking guide at all times.
- In the countryside, all lodging will be in ger camps and nomadic family’s Ger.
- All meals are provided as stated in the itinerary.
- Ground transportation: in the countryside by driven 4WD van, bus in the city area.
- Park entrance fees
- Horse and Camel ride
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- 1.5 liter of drinking water per day per person
- Accommodation in a hotel or hostel in Ulaanbaatar
- Hotel extras, such as telephone calls, bar bills, and laundry services
- Travel insurance, medical insurance
- Visa application fees
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses such as IDD call, internet, laundry, items of a personal nature
- Gratuity to local guides and drivers
- Airfare or train ticket
- Airport taxes, excess baggage charges (over 44pound / 20kilo)
- Changes in arrival/departure flights
- Additional services
- Any charges of major force beyond our control (e.g. imposition, quarantine restrictions, etc…)
This is a suggested packing list, which you should feel free to adjust to suit your needs. Please refer to our travel guide for more detailed information.
- backpack or soft bag
- waterproof bag cover
- day pack
- spare batteries/bulb
- personal medications
- waterproof hiking boots
- waterproof jacket with hood
- waterproof over pants
- fleece jacket or wool jumper
- cotton t-shirts
- long sleeve shirts
- lightw trousers
- sun hat
- sun cream
- insect repellent
- resealing (Ziploc) plastic bags
- watch/ alarm clock
- money belt/ pouch
- insurance confirmation copy
- emergency contact number
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.