Tourism is industry and all its participants are oriented at customer's satisfaction, putting forward the best and ignoring the rest. In this regard nothing can do better than simple talk to ordinary people about their daily life, issues, concerns, and, of course, joint meal.
Lunch/Dinner with local family:
- Gives an opportunity to taste natural traditional dishes, unlike artificial design of pseudo-ethnic restaurants;
- Is good chance to talk to real native people, who are not guides, officials or other people of hospitality industry;
- Is good chance to learn how local houses are built and organized;
- Lets learn about private history of given host family.
At the moment three families may host a meal:
- Young urban couple with a two kids, boy and girl. Both are newcomers to Astana, both work to pay for the apartment;
- Rural couple, whose children have grown and left the city. One son is financier in East Kazakhstan, the daughter is IT specialist. The husband is veteran of Afghanistan war, the wife keeps small shop.
- Rural family, three generations live together. The family is very talented - grandfather is writer, grandmother is journalist. Their four sons are very busy - two of them run small shops, two others have a workshop for car repair. Many children and grandchildren are talented, will sing you traditional kazakh songs. Family came to Astana years ago and lived in a tiny house. Then little by little has built new, bigger house, now everybody live in it. The old one now is given for rent.
The most popular dish is famous beshbarmak, but other dishes may be cooked upon request - manty, kuwurdak, lagman, kespe and many others, depending on the taste of visitors.
The price is given for a dinner, but lunch may be served too, with additional cost os a soup. Besides, it may be combined with discounted accomodation, a kind of combo.
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.