This trip is a classic horseback riding trip into the mountains of Kyrgyzstan. This trip is made for riders that are looking to enjoy a nice mix of horseback riding and nomadic lifestyle in the high mountains of Kyrgyzstan. For most travelers it's the first time they ride a horse and this trip makes a nice balance between horseback riding and getting to know your hosts in Song Kol.
Day 1 Arrival in Bishkek - Kyzart
• Your guide and driver will meet you at the airport and welcome you to Kyrgyzstan.
• Once you arrive in Bishkek you will be able to have a rest at a guesthouse. 90% of all the flights arrive at 4 am and it’s a bit hard for most people to start traveling without sleeping first.
• After breakfast, your guide will give you an overview of the tour and answer any questions you might have.
• Once everyone has their bags packed everyone will head into the mountains. The drive will be from Bishkek to Kyzart village.
Accommodation in a guesthouse in the Kyzart village.
Day 2 Kyzart - Song Kul (Tulpar Tash): riding on horseback to the Son Kul Lake
• After breakfast, your horse guide will meet you and give you a short interdiction on how to ride horses here in Kyrgyzstan.
• The first mountain pass for the day will be the Uzbek pass at 3,380 m. It will be a great first day of traveling on horseback.
• Once you reach the Uzbek pass, you will be able to enjoy a nice picnic and take many pictures from the panoramic view of Song-Kul Lake.
• After lunch, you will be able to ride your horse to the shores of Song-Kul lake.
Accommodation in Yurts near the shore of Song-Kul lake.
Day 3 Song Kul (Tulpar Tash) - Song Kul (Tash Doeboe): Horse ride from West shore of the lake to the South shore
• After breakfast in the yurt, you will be guided to the south shore of the lake.
• You will be able to ride along the lake and discover different yurts and get to know the nomadic lifestyle of Kyrgyz shepherds.
• One of the hidden secrets of Song-Kul lake is the ancient petroglyphs carved in the rocks on the top of the rolling hills.
• You will have a picnic on the way and be able to feel like travelers on the great silk road.
• In the afternoon, you will arrive at your yurt camp to spend the night where you will share a dinner with a local family.
Accommodation in Yurts near the west shores of Song-Kul lake.
Day 4 Song Kul (Tash Doeboe) - Song Kul (Kumdu Suu): Horse ride to the South Shore of the Son-Kul Lake to the East shore
• In the morning, we leave on horseback through the hills and visit the Tamerlan's stones. These stones are full of legends going way back to the time of Tamerlan and Gasags Kan.
• A picnic lunch will be had near the Song Kol river which gives a great view of the whole lake. Don’t forget your camera.
• Once you reach the Kumdu Suu Jailoo you will be greeted by your hosts with bottomless cups of tea and warm yurts.
Accommodation in Yurts near the south shores of Song-Kol lake.
Day 5 Song Kul (Kumdu Suu) - Kochkor:
• After your last tea, you will be able to ride to the Batay Aral lake which gives a great view of one of the hidden lakes near SongKol.
• Lunch will be shared with a local family in a Yurt.
• After lunch, you will be able to say goodbye to your lovely horses and your driver will take you to the village of Kochkor where you will be able to clean up for the night.
Accommodation in a guesthouse in the village of Kochkor.
Day 6 Kochkor – Bishkek:
• After breakfast, you will be able to say goodbye to your hosts and start on the road to Bishkek.
• The first stop of the day will be at the Burana Tower which is a must-see stop on the Great Silk Road. It’s from the 10th century and it’s full of many legends that your guide will tell you about.
• The next stop will be in Bishkek at your guesthouses where you will be able to unpack your things and get ready for a walking tour of Bishkek. You will be able to walk through the countless parks and see the highlights of the city.
• A farewell dinner will be shared at a local Kyrgyz ethnic café in the heart of Bishkek.
Accommodation in a guesthouse in Bishkek.
Day 7 Bishkek to Manas Airport:
• Everyone will be transferred from the guesthouse to the airport. It takes 40 mints to drive from your guesthouse to the airport and it’s always recommended to arrive at the airport 2 hours before your flight. It’s your responsibility to inform your guide about your flight times.
• Here at Indy Guide, we hope you enjoyed your horseback riding trip to Song-Kol Lake and were able to get a good feeling for the nomadic lifestyle of Kyrgyzstan.
Price per person:
2 pax: 885 us dollars
3 pax: 810 us dollars
4 pax: 700 us dollars
Organization of the stay
All transfers in vehicle incl. from/ to airport
Еnglish speaking tour guide
Full board incl. drinking water
Accommodation described in the program
Carrying luggage during trekking and horse riding
Horse boy and horses
Price does not include:
Insurance repatriation and CR insurance
International airfare and taxes;
Alcohol or sweetened mineral water;
Additional services not mentioned in the program;
Rental of personal equipment (sleeping bag, water bottle, flashlight, etc.)
Additional costs due to personal problems (health, loss of luggage, etc.).