Northern Lights Hunting tour in Murmansk
Season September - middle April
All tours joining other people
The Northern Lights is one of the most amazing natural phenomena of the planet Earth. The season of the northern lights hunting usually starts on the 1st of September and ends on 15th April. During these 7 months (September, October, November, December, January, February, March, and April) we can see the beautiful skylights with green, pink and purple colors. Our professional guides will find for you the most suitable days for successful hunting for the Northern Lights. Just arrive in Murmansk for at least 3 days and we will try to make your dream to reality!
We provide the northern lights hunting tours during the last 3 years and served about 1000 tourists from more than 20 countries from Asia, Europe, America, and Australia.
- When you will arrive in Murmansk, we will choose the best evening of the tour. We need to check the weather forecast and find the evening without clouds in the Murmansk region. We recommend you to visit Murmansk for at least 3 days to wait for the best conditions. While you are waiting for the tour, you can take part in our one-day interesting tours from Murmansk.
- When we decide about the day of the tour, our guide will connect with you and inform about the date and time of the start.
- On the day of the tour, your guide will pick you up from the hotel in Murmansk (about 9 p.m., +/- 30 minutes). After your meeting, you will go to someplace in the Murmansk region to find a clear sky. Be ready to go for 100-150 kilometers from Murmansk.
- When you will find Aurora Borealis, guide-photographer will ask you to move quickly to take the best photos, because the Northern Lights are regularly changing. First of all, the guide makes group photos and then individuals.
- If you are cold, you can get into the car and drink hot tea with snacks. We have warm clothes for our tourists (must be ordered in advance for an additional cost).
- After successful hunting, we will go back to Murmansk. We finish the tour always at a different time. Usually, it takes 3-5 hours.
- After the tour, we will send to you a web link with all photos (Google) during the next 2-3 days without processing.
If the Aurora hunt is unsuccessful and you did not see the lights, we will refund half the cost of the tour
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.