The tour is organized for groups of min 2 people at any chosen date.
Murmansk is the largest city in the Arctic Circle, which was founded in 1916 and was named "Romanov-on-Murmane". Despite its northern location, the climate is very mild, rarely below -20 because The North Atlantic Current gives heat to the Kola Peninsula. The city sprawled on the hills along the Kola Bay making beautiful panoramic views of the city and surrounding nature. In just one century, the history of the city has accumulated a lot of events: the opening of the largest northern port in the world, the development of the Khibiny Mountains, and the conquest of the Arctic, which you will learn about on our trips around the City-Hero of Murmansk.
1. Guide-guide meets you at your hotel in Murmansk. The meeting time will be agreed in advance. Suggested time is around 11:00 am.
2. Excursion to the opposite shore of the Kola Bay to the memorial dedicated to the pilots and air defenders of the Kola Peninsula during the Second World War.
3. Excursion to the eternal fire and a memorial in honor of the defenders of the Arctics during the Second World War.
4. Excursion to the Kursk nuclear submarine memorial and lighthouse.
5. Excursion to the monument "Waiting" in honor of women waiting for their husbands from long sea .
6. Visit to the icebreaker Lenin. Inner excursion around the ship. Tickets are included in the price.
The guide will tell you about the history of Murmansk, about its development and about the peculiarities of local life.
Welcome to Murmansk!