Acquaintance with Kolsky, 4 days tour, Murmansk
4 days / 3 nights
Meeting the guide at the airport or at the railway station in Murmansk.
10-00 Departure to the very end of the world, Teriberka village, located beyond the Arctic Circle on the shores of the Barents Sea, the realm of the polar nights in winters and the polar day in summers. The first mention of Teriberka dates from the 16th century.
About two hours drive through the Arctic taiga, forest-tundra and the arctic desert and we are there. In Russia, Teriberka is the only place you can reach by car to see the open Barents Sea and the Arctic Ocean.
Excursion around Teriberka.
Walking along the beautiful places of the coast, excursion "In the footsteps of Leviathan", enjoying the silence on the edge of the world. Still, expect to see the Northern Lights.
Accommodation at the hotel, from which the sea is visible.
08:30 Return to Murmansk.
Excursion "MURMANSK. ARCTIC. Icebreaker "LENIN"
• 11.30 Departure from the hotel.
• The Temple of Savior on Waters, the memorial of the submarine "KURSK".
• Viewing platform, panoramic view of Murmansk city.
• Monument to the Defenders of the Arctic.
• The city of Kola was founded in 1565.
• Two bridges, two rivers, view of Murmansk from the sea side.
• Visiting the world's first nuclear icebreaker "Lenin".
• 15.30 Accommodation in the hotel in Murmansk.
• Free time
Ethnotour "To Northern Deer" - visiting Saami village.
• Meeting the group on the territory of the Saami settlement, safety briefing and the rules of conduct on the territory of the settlement;
• Meals in the national cafe "Petroglyphs" with traditional dishes: "lim" (salmon soup) or "varya" (venison with potatoes, optional - 350 rubles), "pakula" (national herbs tea), black tea , sugar, Lovozero bread and other dishes.
• Excursion around the territory of the settlement. Acquaintance with national structures: plague, kuwaks and national utensils. A visit to the alley of conjured idols: four idols of elements (fire, earth, water, air) and five conjured idols for love, happyness, luck, destiny and health (to coax idols and fulfill desires you need to have some coins with you).
• Familiarization with the wildlife of the Sami: deer, husky, fox, polar fox and rabbits. Feeding deer from hands and photos of animals is allowed.
• Visit to the ancient spring lake "Seven Saami Springs" (summer).
• Riding on a reindeer harness, on a snowmobile in a sleigh. In the summer, quad biking.
• Saami games: "tug of the pole", "deer and wolves", "Sami football", for men "throwing" nyartala "(lasso) on the horns of a deer, for women - throwing willow rings.
• Photos in the national dress of the indigenous Saami people.
• Purchasing magic amulets.
• A trip to the city of metallurgists - Monchegorsk. Accommodation in a camp site, on the shore of a lake.
A trip to the city of Kirov at the foot of the Khibiny mountains.
• 12.00 Acquaintance with Kirov.
• A trip to the slopes of the Khibiny Mountains.
• Visit to the Snow Village (in winter).
• Excursion to the Stone Museum.
• 17.00 Return to Murmansk, or transfer to the airport.
The price includes:
- Accommodation in hotels: 3 nights in comfortable conditions plus breakfast.
- Guide services.
- Visiting the Saami community with lunch.
- Entrance tickets for the program.
Please note that depending on the weather conditions, the tour program can be changed upon agreement with its participants! Please dress comfortably and wear waterproof shoes for walking outdoors. And take the cameras!
And if "the solar wind" blows to us, we will also enjoy the NORTHERN LIGHTS!
For a confirmed booking, a deposit of (10%) is required. Deposit is paid by credit card (secure payment via Stripe, no credit card fees). The remaining balance can be paid in cash upon start of the trip - unless Host & Traveler agree on different payment methods.
Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 30 days prior to the beginning of the booked service. The deposit (10%) is only refundable if the booking is canceled at least 30 days in advance.