The city of Cherepovets is associated with the giants of the metallurgical and chemical industries, which brought him wide fame. Meanwhile, Cherepovets, which received the status of the city under the Decree of Catherine the Great in 1777, has its origins since the XIV century, its history is interesting, and its cultural traditions are diverse and distinctive. In Cherepovets you will see The Resurrection Cathedral of the monastery, founded in the middle of the 14th century; the building in the "red brick style", fashionable in the late 19th century; an architectural ensemble in the style of "Stalinist classicism", popular in the middle of the 20th century.
The main street of the old Cherepovets Voskresensky Prospekt (modern Sovietsky Prospekt) is an excellent illustration of a story about the life of Russia in the era of the Silver Age (late 19th - early 20th century). Cherepovets is the city of the first Russian automobile cable-stayed bridge and a unique metallurgical plant built without ore and coal. Cherepovets is a city in which "leaders are born"! Here was born "universally" the famous artist Vasily Vereshchagin; his older brother Nikolai, the author of the recipe for the famous Vologda butter. In the Real School, the future "King of Poets" Igor Severyanin studied. Anna Demidova, a room girl of the family of Nicholas II, who shared a tragic death with the royal family, lived here. In Cherepovets Alexander Bashlachev was born - one of the most outstanding representatives of Russian rock music.
Day 1: Arrival in Cherepovets, meeting at the station (from Moscow, train 126Y, arrival at 08.29, from St. Petersburg, train 554A, 09.50 and 618Y, at 06.15) or at the airport
Breakfast. Sightseeing tour around historical center (bus-walk).
Transfer to the Museum of Metallurgical Industry.
Visit to the Museum (ground floor) with excursion. Free time in the Museum.
Lunch. Free time or additional options.
- Museum of the metallurgical industry, 1st floor (career orientation). The second floor is devoted to modern technologies in metallurgical production and environmental protection, the company's social policy and career-oriented work. Here you will see a three-dimensional image of the Cherepovets metallurgical plant with all the shops and divisions. Four laboratories of the Metallorium allow to conduct entertaining experiments and special lessons for children, schoolchildren and students.
- Museum railway carriage named after I.P. Bardin – additional cost about 2 USD.
- Galskiy Manor House: visiting the forge with an interactive tour - additional cost about 3 USD.
- Historical and Regional Museum - additional cost about 2 USD.
- Museum of Archeology - additional cost about 2 USD.
Dinner at extra cost (from 4,5 USD per person).
Departure in the evening to Moscow by train No. 126CH Sheksna at 22:50, to St. Petersburg train 617Y at 22.02 or 071E at 23.48.
We reserve the right to change the order of the excursions or replace some excursions to the equivalent.
The price is indicative per person for a group of min 10 people. The price includes: transport - bus; guide; meals: breakfast, lunch; excursion service according to the tour program; entrance tickets to the museums. If your group is smaller or you do not need transportation or you need a private tour, please contact for quotation. The interpreters' services are not included in price and should be agreed in advance, price depends on the language.